facebook

aopi and adpi

by: Pnm

These seem very comparable. Could somebody share the main differences? Wondering to how theta and Pi phi fit into the mix too. I am from Florida and want to be in a chapter that fun and cute but also inclusive.

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: rtr   

eh, i wouldn't go for those 3.

By: rtr
#2  by: none   

of these 3 are cute or exclusive. bottom tier

By: none
by: Inclusive Mar 24, 2015 7:15:05 PM

To me means open to meeting new people with different backgrounds and interests.

By: Inclusive
#3  by: Maybe   

So you're saying you don't give a damn about your grades?

By: Maybe
#4  by: @maybe   

No. Certainly grades important. I am going to be in honors college and having sisters in the program is important to me. I thought all but a few had good academics and thought all those listed were good there. Not so?

By: @maybe
by: ActiveApr 21, 2015 10:56:35 PM

Myself & my two roommates (aopi, adpi, & theta) are all in the honors college. We're all from the south, super smart, down to earth, & I would consider all of us outgoing/popular. I've also met some wonderful pi phis.

By: Active
#5  by: REALITY CHECK   

okay everyone commenting on this post is either a) in a different house, b) messing with you and those sororities, or c) doesn't understand what it's like not being from the south.

I personally am in a very southern sorority and sometimes it's really hard not being from the south and feeling like I'm not included. Other times I absolutely love it. It depends on what you're looking for from a house.

As far as those three sororities go they all do have a lot of out of state girls and I have friends or know great girls from all of them. Pi phi's are known for being really involved, ADPi has the best gpa out of those and AOPi is known for having really sweet girls.

But what I'm saying or whatever everyone else is saying DOES NOT MATTER. Just please go to the house, have a really open mind and see what you think because at the end of the day all that matters is how you connect to the girls in the house you end up in and how YOU feel about them.

By: REALITY CHECK
by: Yes!Mar 25, 2015 7:52:43 PM

Another thing is, even though tiers matter to certain people, you can have a great experience in any house because all of them make quota and total, have active social calendars, have (mostly) decent grades and involvement, and do a good job of retaining their members. It isn't like the old days when there were always houses that struggled for numbers, had to fight rumors that they were about to close, etc.

TL;DR: Greek > GDI. :)

By: Yes!
#6  by: coming from a guy   

Pi Phi overall is a better house but seems to be full of mediocre blonde party girls. ADPi is a tossup, love some of them, dislike some.

Aopi and Theta aren't relevant, haven't met any really.

By: coming from a guy
by: @aboveMar 25, 2015 11:12:38 PM

A relevant to YOU. That doesn't mean they are irrelevant. I don't think any fraternity or sorority is irrelevant. Their own members seem to find them to be of importance. It just sounds over-the-top snobby to say that.

By: @above
#7  by: ACTIVE   

Both AOII and ADPi and really great houses. AOII was 5th and ADPI was 6th in the rank of sorority GPAs so both have smart girls. RUSH WHATEVER HOUSE FITS YOU

By: ACTIVE

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.