facebook

sorority recruitment

by: Pnm

What do you look for in a PNM?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active    

Every house has different requirements and things they are looking for in their new members. That is chapter business, meaning that we don't tell anyone outside of our chapter what we are looking for. But generally, we are just looking for girls who will fit in with our house.

By: Active
#2  by: my rush   

What I didn't understand before rush (and I wish I did) was that all houses are truly looking for something different. Not to brag but I was a top girl who went a top house. What I wasn't ready for was that some of the middle tier houses that I was interested in dropped me because I wasn't what they were looking for. I really loved a couple houses like alpha phi, zeta, and pi phi but I wasn't what they were looking for which was disappointing even though I joined a "better" house. Basically what I'm saying is that every house wants something different and you will go to a house where you fit best despite what you think you want.

By: my rush
by: YupMar 11, 2015 6:24:42 PM

This is so true, it's funny you really end up where you belong. Always keep an open mind. I live with girls from 3 different sororities and we are best friends.

By: Yup
#3  by: Considered   

1) Great grades
2) Good activities and honors
3) Pretty, good manners, tastefully dressed (NOT necessarily designer)
4) Not too quiet, but not overly talkative.
5) Friendly
6) Sense of humor
7) The rest is going to be based on what the chapter lacks. Do they need more athletes, less musicians, more big city girls and less smalltown girls, more girls with top grades, fewer party girls? Maybe they need a really good singer, or somebody good at painting banners and backdrops or designing T shirts. Maybe they have too many Birmingham girls and need more Alabama girls NOT from the Ham (actually every sorority needs that).

By: Considered

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.