facebook

most involved

by: PNM

Which houses are involved in the most philanthropy?
Which houses have the best date functions or most involved?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active   

Kappas and ZTA tend to be really involved in party life

By: Active
#2  by: so   

tridelt is definitely the most active in philanthropy, there aren't really any other sororities that come close their level of involvement except maybe dg
as far as social life goes kappa and zeta seem about right, keep in mine chio and kd are both on probation for at least the next semester

By: so
#3  by: Yea   

As far as philanthropy goes Tri Delt raised the most money for St. Jude this past year if I am correct, it was an outstanding ranking and made national headlines.

And I would say DG is the closest to that level, they have a fun philanthropic event and raise a ton of money for their foundation and won most philanthropic sorority this year at the greek excellence awards, I believe.

By: Yea
by: UAGirlMar 15, 2015 10:18:57 AM

Actually Delta Zeta won Most Philanthropic sorority last year. We raised the most money this year for UA Dance Marathon...over 20k for Children's Miracle Network! Being part of a sorority is such a great experience because you really learn to give back. All the sororities work hard at this! :)

By: UAGirl
by: RtrMar 15, 2015 2:47:09 PM

Yeah, but DG is known everywhere for fining $$$ girls for not showing up for events on top of your dues. Something most other houses don't do. Something to keep in mind. Oh and you won't hear anything about that during rush!!

By: Rtr
by: CorrectionMar 16, 2015 3:48:51 PM

Actually most houses do fine you for missing an event. In fact, a number of them even make their entire freshman pledge class attend all/most events, one thing DG is not allowed to do because their nationals considers it as hazing.

By: Correction
#4  by: Greek Rank has new report   

Nationally I think A phi raised most mont for heart stuff.
All houses do great, I agree with UA Girl above, DZ won @ Bama.
All houses do events all the time, sport events, teas, lunches , dances, snacks, grams and the list goes on.

You will give back being Greek, no matter what campus you are at.

By: Greek Rank has new report
#5  by: okay   

DZ may have won an award for the campus but tridelt raised over $200,000 for St Jude last year. They also visit the St Jude hospital every year as well as have a very active relationship with the institute. This year they had the CEO of the organization come and a family who has been receiving treatment there speak. My experience with DZ during rush was that they couldn't even explain what their philanthropy was.
DG is also very passionate about there philanthropy. But you won't find another sorority that spends as much time and effort when it comes to being involved as Tridelt.

By: okay
by: ^^^^Mar 18, 2015 8:51:04 PM

bump

By: ^^^^
#6  by: Give it a break    

The a phi stuff is really getting old. Nationally they may be good, but the bama chapter is bottom tier here. Enough self-ranking

By: Give it a break
by: Not rudeMar 18, 2015 1:26:24 AM

Bottom tier at Bama is top tier at that cow college.

By: Not rude
#7  by: ?   

what is a cow college?

By: ?
by: ?Mar 18, 2015 2:56:56 PM

Are you kidding? AwBarn.

By: ?
by: ΔΧMar 18, 2015 5:28:37 PM

A college that isn't known for its academics. Kind of like their sorority

By: ΔΧ
by: SuspectMar 19, 2015 12:39:27 AM

You are no Alabama person.

By: Suspect
#8  by: Well   

Tri Delt is 100% most into St Jude than any other house is into their own individual philanthropy. While it's great that DZ raised so much for CMNH through UADM, it was because they had a personal connection having an active battling a rare cancer and being treated at Children's of Birmingha. CMNH is not their philanthropy, it's Phi Mu's. I have no idea what DZ's actual philanthropy is

By: Well
by: UAMar 19, 2015 12:52:15 PM

DZ's philanthropy is something about turtles

By: UA
by: PNMMar 19, 2015 12:58:19 PM

So you're saying DZ raised more money for Phi Mu's philanthropy than Phi Mu did?

By: PNM
by: LolMar 19, 2015 3:50:41 PM

Yep they have for several years now. Funny isn't it.

By: Lol
by: WellMar 19, 2015 6:27:47 PM

I'd be embarrassed if I were phi mu

By: Well
#9  by: Agree with above   

Tri Delt here and honestly nationally has one of the most amazing philanthropies and raise so much money. Zeta also is very recognizable with supporting Breast Cancer Research. My favorite philanthropy event to actually attend is DG's, and I do like that they have their own philanthropy organization whatever.

By: Agree with above
by: Enough...Mar 20, 2015 10:08:01 AM

... back and forth. All the sororities are engaged in their philanthropy AND in helping the other chapters with theirs. You will have plenty of opportunity to contribute hours and hours of your time and other peoples money.

By: Enough...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.