facebook

gpa

by: pnm

Do axo and xo automatically cut all pnm below a 3.5?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: active   

no, nationals gives us a gpa cut-off and the more you are above it, the better.

By: active
#2  by: PNM   

On a similar note, will houses have local girls from PNMs' respective hometowns look over their info and weigh GPAs differently depending on what school they went to? I'm from a big city in Texas from a HS that most people from my home town would be pretty familiar with. My school is known for being pretty difficult, even at the AP/Honors level, and our maximum GPA for each class is a 5.0 whereas I know some other schools have max GPAs of 6.0.

By: PNM
by: umFeb 24, 2015 6:16:39 PM

No. Your gpa is your gpa, you are not special. Get over it

By: um
by: Me againFeb 24, 2015 6:59:38 PM

I'm sorry, but there is no need to be rude. Please do not immediately assume that I have a low GPA because I have this kind of question. My GPA is a 4.37 unweighted but is a 3.34/4.0 and I am in the top 20% of my class. My GPA is still my GPA but these two look quite different. I don't think that it's ridiculous that I would want my achievements to be known in such a competitive rush.

By: Me again
by: Dont worryFeb 25, 2015 11:33:23 AM

I am in one of the houses listed above and honestly, if you have a 3.3 just take it. We wouldn't cut you based on that GPA but if you try to argue it or justify it, puts us in an awkward position because if we really want you, well take your 3.3 but if we don't, were unfortunately still not going to be able to invite you back.

By: Dont worry
#3  by: lll   

The only way for houses to know that your school is academically challenging is by getting an alumnus to say that on your rec. Other than that, you're viewed as a regular PNM with an average GPA

By: lll
#4  by: XO active   

Last year, I did defend a girl's GPA. She went to the same competitive, private college prepatory high school I went to so I knew that her unweighted GPA was better than someone with the same numbers but a small public school. So if someone knows then they can stick up for you, but other factors come into play also.

By: XO active
#5  by: Listen   

AXO and XO drop anyone under a 3.5 unless you're a triple legacy beauty queen from Vestavia. Done. No one cares how hard your school is, should've lived somewhere else. This is Alabama rush.

By: Listen
by: GPAFeb 26, 2015 5:33:03 PM

Weighted or unweighted? Do AP scores, National Merit, and SAT/ACT scores matter?

By: GPA
by: not trueFeb 27, 2015 5:14:37 PM

Axo does too take less than a 3.5 .... this past fall a few were and at 3.0 too. Depends totally on who you know. Of course it was vestavia...

By: not true
#6  by: excellent   

If they won't take you, there are 15 others that will.

And don't forget, 75% of the rushees will have a 3.3 or better. You have a LOT of competition.

By: excellent
by: GuestMar 1, 2015 8:22:11 PM

I had a 3.2 and had what many would call a perfect rush with 2 old row houses on pref. Having between a 3.0-3.3 isn't that bad.

By: Guest
#7  by: Active   

We will unweight your GPA to a 4.0 scale if you don't do it for us so save us some time and just put your GPA out of 4.0

By: Active

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.