facebook

emails

by:    

So I emailed chapters off of the panhellenic website to get more information about each chapter! I informed them that I won't be able to attend preview day (although I did register) but that I was interested in their other events! I only received a few responses that were pretty positive! I'm excited about rush but i'm not over eager. I have connections in some top houses, outstanding grades, and I do a lot of charity work in my hometown. I'm worried that this came across as desperate and i've hurt my chances for next year. Should I be concerned about the chapters I didn't receive responses from?

Posted By: PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I wouldn necessarily be concerned because recruitment is so far away and there are probably countless other girls that did the same thing, but I would refrain from contacting any other actives unless you know them personally. It is very easy for eagerness to come off as desperation and in my opinion, it's better to have no reputation at all than be the desperate pnm who wouldn't stop contacting chapters. And remember, just because you can't go to preview day or teas does not mean that you Won't have a successful recruitment. There are plenty of girls that have amazing recruitments and get their top picks without going to anything. Just go into recruitment with an open mind and be positive and polite. As long as you do that and have grades/Recs, you will be fine.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Mine   

^^^
Good advice. Now you should start asking around to find sorority alumnae to write recs on your behalf.

By: Mine
by: :(    

What if you have the personality, experience in greek life, and recs, but not the grades because you got too carried away from knowing that you got into UA? I had a 3.0 and lost that within a grade cycle and really out of it, because I have always dreamt and planned about rushing. Now, I do not know what to do.

By: :(
by: pnm   

I keep seeing different GPA standards everywhere. Is your rush GPA your weighted High school gpa? or unweighted?
so confused.

By: pnm
by: Active    

^it is the gpa that is on your high school transcript that the university receives after you graduate, which I'm assuming is unweighted but I don't know for sure. So if you try to lie about it on your resume, you're out of luck because we go by the official gpa that Alabama gets. As for different standards being said, I do not see where you could be confused. If you do not have a 3.0, you more than likely will not receive a bid. I know ONE girl who got a bid with a 2.9, but she was very well connected, from Alabama, a legacy, and very pretty so that is definitely the exception to the rule. Some houses, not all, will even cut anyone under a 3.2. Like I said, scholarship is a huge part of being in a sorority, and, I'm sorry, if you can't make a 3.0 in high school, you more than likely won't be able to keep up with being in college classes and joining a sorority.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.