facebook

parties

by:    

If one of my family members has Invited me to a luau party at Alabama is it frowned upon to go if I plan on rushing a sorority?

Posted By: 19
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You could go, get drunk, rage hard, have a freakin' awesome time, and get talked about for months.
You could go, drink only a soft drink you opened yourself and never set down, speak only when spoken to and leave early.
No way to have fun, but it'll go a long way to saving your reputation.

By: Heythere
#2by:    

If you're a PNM and it's a fraternity party, DO NOT GO. Someone will find out

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ?   

Why would that be a bad thing? Sorry if it sounds sarcastic, but that was a serious question.

By: ?
#3by:    

I say go have a good time with your family member. Just don't drink or act snobbish. But just know, one active could see and be bitter. Personally, I couldn't care less. It just depends on who it is.

By: Hope this helps..
#4by:    

Tbh, I wouldn't risk it. Is there a chance that you could go and face no repercussions? Absolutely. But is there a chance that you could go and be blacklisted? Yes.
Most Actives do not want to see PNMs at parties and whatnot. Personally, I would respectfully decline because I wouldn't want to give sororities any reason to cut me. Even if you meet a girl at a the party and really like her and you guys get along, I guarantee when she sees your face on the slide show come rush, she's going to vote no. IF you did go, I would say don't drink. But a party here and you'll be the only one sober would really suck. Trust me.

By: Guest
by: Question   

How much say would the president of a sorority have in rush

By: Question
by: You do not want   

to meet actives for the first time at a fraternity party. Rush is all about sqeaky clean images and following the established process. Why would you give actives a reason to drop you by showing up to a party as a high schooler - Think about it: do you like when middle schoolers show up to parties/events with your high school friends? Probably not. Same goes for you showing up to a college event while you are in high school. One or more actives will NOT like that you are there, even with a family member. Don't risk it.

By: You do not want
by: Question   

Ok but what I'm asking is if I know the president of a certain sorority, how much say would she have during rush

By: Question
by: ^   

A lot of say

By: ^
by: Guest   

A lot of say, but she couldn't help you out with every sorority. Once one sorority finds out you were at a fraternity party, they'll tell their friends in other houses. That's how it works. We all talk. So maybe she could save you in that one house, but what if you decided during rush you don't want to go that house? You're screwed. And also, while the president has a lot of say, if an active mentions that you were at a party, she can't take that away. She can't force the other members to vote for you. And in some houses, there are national rules about taking someone with a questionable reputation, and they simply aren't allowed per nationals. President couldn't help you out of that.

Why risk it? Is one sober party really worth the next four years of your life? Really? You'll go to plenty of parties as a freshman. You can give one up.

By: Guest
#5by:    

Do not go. Girls get blackballed for this every year and one party when you are in high school is not worth all the parties you are going to miss by not being in a sorority. And besides, it's acrually illegal for PNMs to go to fraternity parties--it's a Tuscaloosa City Ordinance and Panhellenic talks about it in ethical recruitment workshops so no, I'm not making it up. Just say thanks, but no thanks.

By: Active
#6by:    

Agree. Don't go. It's just one party.

By: ^^

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.