facebook

legacy

by:    

My mom was a zeta tau alpha and my grandma was a phi mu. Since i'm a legacy of these two i was wondering what their reputations were? Also, how big of a role does being a legacy play here? Am i pretty much guaranteed a bid from one of these?

Posted By: PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Both ZTA and Phi Mu are good chapters, as every chapter at Alabama is great. Being a legacy basically gives you a second look, but it in no way guarantees you a bid at all.

By: hi
#2by:    

I'm not going to sugarcoat it like the previous poster. Phi Mu is thought of as the top tier house here, but also have a reputation for being mean, catty, and full of themselves. ZTA is thought of as the hot, fun sorority. These are just stereotypes and not true for everyone in the chapter, but that's what they are on this campus

By: Yo
by: ZTA's   

Fall 2014 grades were second worst of all sororities. Something to think about....

By: ZTA's
#3by:    

They are probably the top two pickist with looks, so they may not be for everyone

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

being a legacy coming to Alabama does give you a one up on the house usually having to offer you a courtesy invite back the next round, although the protocol depends on the sorority and sometimes even the chapter. It does not guarantee you a spot, only a second chance to prove yourself or get a better feel for the sorority if you did not feel that the open house round was so great.. IF your grades are up to regulation.

By: also
by: Yea   

I said if your grades are decent, but you're right it won't always guarantee a courtesy round invite. It depends on the sorority itself and how serious they their regulations as well

By: Yea

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.