facebook

active friends

by: Rec letters

I know girls who are actives in sororities at other schools. They are all 2 or 3 years older than me. They go to schools like Clemson, University of South Carolina, Georgia Tech, West Georgia and are in sororities like chi o, ZTA, KKG, and tri delt. Its a good variety so it would be very helpful to me if I could use them for rec letters. Can you get recs from actives even if they don't go to Alabama?

Posted By: Rec letters
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: alums   

Hey! Its great you know girls in so many houses but almost all sororities require alumns to write recs! So ask the girls if there grand big or something can write you one! they dont have to be from alabama btw, the alum could attend any school!

By: alums
#2  by: Honest   

Some sororities also require that the person writing your rec be from your hometown. Best to stick with alums if at all possible.

By: Honest
#3  by: Best   

Yes, they can write them. It is a good idea to get a well-connected or an alum you know to write the rec. By well-connected, I mean someone who either knows people at Alabama, is active in her alum association, pays alum dues, holds or held a national office or just plain knows other moms of other actives. You should also go to your alumni panhellenic group if you haven't already. They would rather know about you now than the day before you leave, sometimes they can put you in touch with good alums.

By: Best
by: HowFeb 22, 2015 5:19:05 PM

How would I find my alumni or panhellenic group? I'm from the north so idk if that changes anything

By: How
#4  by: I know   

For my sorority we strongly suggest alum recs, but we will look at active members recs, they just do not pull as heavy of weight. If you cannot get two from alums from a particular organization, then get an alum and an active to write one if they accept it. Although one strong one might be better, it just depends.

By: I know

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.