facebook

gamma phi

by:    

Hey everyone! I was just wondering how gamma phi is perceived here? My sister is a gamma phi at kennesaw state and i love them! Plus i hear theyre building a new house! Thanks in advance :)

Posted By: hi :)
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

People are probably going to come on here and say some rude things (like they would for any sorority) but in truth all the gamma phi's i know really love their sisters. Yes, they're considered lower tier, but that doesnt really matter past freshman year. The new house is almost done too. Bottom line is be yourself during rush, ignore what the other PNM's say about rankings, and go where you feel most comfortable! :)

By: Ok
#2by:    

The meanest girls I know belong to Gamma Phi. The girls I know are shallow and vengeful. They are people I try to avoid. Toxic.

By: don't
by: Do   

That's funny, because the meanest girls I know belong to KD

By: Do
by: Reality   

And the meanest ones I know are Phi Mu and Kappa Kappa Gamma. There are probably at least a few mean girls in every sorority.

By: Reality
#3by:    

I don't know who these other people commenting have met but one of my best friends is a gamma phi and I go out with a lot of them and they are really some of the nicest girls

By: What
#4by:    

I'd like to start by saying every sorority on bamas campus has something amazing to offer! In all honestly gamma phi on bamas campus is said to be "the worst" house, they tend to get the girls who couldn't get in anywhere else. That being said gamma phi is great nationally and some girls are so so sweet in gamma phi at Bama and it s said that they are all very close! I hope that helps

By: I can help!
by: Then help   

Have you seen the latest GPA rankings for sororities? Zeta and A Phi on the bottom. Not G Phi. Along with their great pledge class, leadership, sisterhood and new house will definitely be moving up in the rankings.

By: Then help
by: ZTA and   

Gamma Phi tied for 2nd to lowest GPA. Just keeping it real.

By: ZTA and
#5by:    

im a guy and i think all the sororities are great, gamma phi is one of my favorite sororities, i walk in the house and the girls acknowledge, i love going there. My advice is to go through rush, and whatever houses you have to choose from, pick one, any of them, there are what? about 400 girls in each? you will find group of friends in each one, good luck!

By: ya
by: no   

A guy would never say "ya".

By: no
by: ^^^   

So true. No guy has ever say ya. Ever in the history of the world. How smart you must be to have listened to what every guy has said ever in every part of the world everywhere. Wow. I'm so impressed!

By: ^^^
#6by:    

Do they mix with? Is it really just the off-campus frats and colonies?

By: Who

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: No   

Not at all. My roommate's a gamma phi and they swap with on campus fraternities almost every week in the fall (and several times in the spring) just like we do. I just don't think they swap with old row very often if at all.

By: No
by: Nope   

They were with all on campus fraternities in the fall I think. My friends a gamma phi and I know they had dtd, sig ep, and delta chi and and a few others

By: Nope
#7by:    

Thanks everyone for your opinions whether theyre blunt or nice! Im thinking im going to try and rush them! How should i go about rushing?

By: thanks ladies!
by: gamma phi   

Just be sure to contact the gamma phi rush chair with any questions! Good luck hope you make :)

By: gamma phi
by: active   

When you go through rush, just be your best self and you should be okay. If you click with them there shouldn't be an issue. Most sororities base their cuts off of grades and then looks, and while gamma phi does cut for looks to an extent, if they really like a girl and think she would be a great sister they don't let it get in the way which is probably why their sisterhood is so good.

By: active
by: Heythere   

You don't pick out a sorority and rush them. You sign up for rush and rush all of them. You may meet a few, go there for a rush party and hate them, and love another one.

By: Heythere
by: I think I'll be fine!   

I'm a straight A student and take some time modeling for work over summers, and I mean I'm paid for it not the "I just take pictures for random photographers", and all this thread did was confirm I want to rush them! I want the sisterhood my sister has and that's it, it looks like that's what they have! I think I could go old row if I wanted to but I don't. If money and everything else works out I'll be one of the first girls there to meet them!

By: I think I'll be fine!
by: Sp    

Even if you don't know any of the actives at alabama, make sure you get your sister to contact the rush chair and get invited to their spring party to meet some of the girls.

By: Sp
by: not sure yet   

I have to save up a little more money before I do end up going through rush since I know it will be expensive, but as soon as I'm sure I'll do that!

By: not sure yet
#8by:    

These are some of the sweetest girls at Bama. They have a great sisterhood because they don't take the mean girls who have planned on old row since birth and are willing to shove anyone else under the bus to get there. I'm in an old row sorority and I'm from out of state and I'll tell you I'm miserable.

By: sweethearts
by: 😳   

I'm sorry and hate to hear that! I almost picked a sorority just because it was considered tip top and actually preffed it third. A girl I know is in that sorority and is miserable. I'm oos and old row and love my sorority and the girls in it. I hate when I hear of girls not having a good experience. Hope it works out for you!

By: 😳

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.