facebook

sorority recruitment

by:    

Do you guys have any opinions on Indiana's sorority recruitment? I like the idea of 90% of the pmns getting bids, but I love that I now every single of my sorority sisters. Having 250-300+ girls in a chapter makes it hard to truly get to know all of your sisters.

Posted By: Indiana
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm not sure what the lesser of the two evils are.. I hate how big my pledge class is it really changes the meaning of being in a sorority and makes it hard to develop a sisterhood. If given a choice id rather have a smaller pledge class but at the same time I couldn't imagine having a more cut throat rush

By: Tough
#2by:    

The small pledge class thing is nice, but indiana's bed rush is a massacre. They literally had a placement rate of 52% last year. It's embarassing (and really horrible financially) for the national orgs and NPC, but they refuse to change it. When you start turning away perfectly qualified girls who would be awesome sisters otherwise because you don't have enough beds to sleep them, you know you have a problem. So yeah, a small pledge class is nice, but first you actually have to survive that abomination.

By: Eh
#3by:    

I dont get why they make them all live in the house, I wouldn't like that at all. Thats why its so competitive because they do it that way

By: dont get

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: @ dont get   

They like living in the house. It's a selling point of IU Greek life. The most competitive chapters on that campus tend to be the ones where girls live in for 4 years and because of that they also take smaller pledge classes.

Most chapters allow senior live outs but that's usually by choice and there are chapters where few seniors choose to live out and also chapters where many seniors choose to live out.

There are also a few unhoused sororities whose girls tend to live in apartments together. But those unhoused ones tend to be stigmatized during rush and are on the bottom of the totem pole.

It all shows how focused IU wanna be greeks are on having this system where they choose to live in. They like it that way. I wouldn't, but one of my friends is over there in a chapter of less than 150 girls total and she loves it.

By: @ dont get
by: @ dont get   

This is all info my friend told me last year when we were comparing our respective schools' Greek life so I don't know if it has changed but that's what I remember from the conversation.

By: @ dont get
#4by:    

I would never rush at a school with a system like IU's. it's horrendous. way too cutthroat for me, which is saying something.

By: uh no
#5by:    

The thing is that the girls at IU have been brainwashed to think that bed quota and living in the house its the best thing ever. Only a few chapters mandate that their seniors live in; some let them pick and they almost always pick to live in the house.

Unhoused chapters are stigmatized and not considered a real sorority. They classified them all GDIs with letters, try hards, and women clubs.

By: not likely
#6by:    

That's IU's choice. UA has nothing to do with it. It's useless to discuss this on the Alabama board.

By: Again
by: Yeah..   

And again.. This is a discussion board and an interesting topic

By: Yeah..

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.