facebook

pnm gpa

by: pnm

Hi!! The school I attend has a pretty rigorous curriculum, and a 3.3 at my school would most likely be a 3.6 or 3.8 at others. I just wanted to know if sororities would take this into account when looking at my grades or accept a gpa weighted by my school that includes honors, AP, and IB classes i've taken. Thank you!

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

They'll consider it somewhat.
This is why you get recs. Your rec writers can point out it's a rigorous school.
So your mediocre 3.3 will look better.

Yeah, we got your number when you walked in the door.

By: Truth
by: HonestlyJan 7, 2015 11:44:36 AM

Don't you sound like a delight? How rude can you be exactly?

By: Honestly
#2  by: -   

no they don't look at which highschool you went to and check to see if it's a hard school so you're out of luck but if you get recs it'll help you

By: -
#3  by: Active   

I always advise girls to include a weighted and unweighted GPA on their resume

By: Active
#4  by: Reality   

Grades don't matter in recruitment nearly as much as most people pretend they do. Plenty of girls have great recruitments with grades hovering near 3.0, average looks and meh resumes while cute girls with 4.0 GPAs and fabulous resumes wonder what the heck is going on. (And some of those 3.0/average/meh girls end up in the "top" houses while plenty of 4.0/cute/fab girls end up in the so-called bottom houses. Every house really and truly has both types. Look at the pictures of pledge classes, the rosters for Freshman Forum, University Fellows, Order of Omega, Blackburn, the honors day honor societies, etc. and you will see this is the truth.) The reality is a lot of recruitment comes down to who you know in house, particularly if you are interested in old row. The bottom line is you will be happy with the house you end up in if you let yourself be. Since you cannot change your GPA at this point in your high school career and it really isn't going to make your rush vastly different than it would otherwise be, let it go and be open to all the possibilities that rush brings your way.

By: Reality
by: YesJan 10, 2015 1:26:28 PM

I've never read anything more true in my life.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.