facebook

housing

by:    

Can someone explain the housing situation here. Like which sororities are getting new/renovating their houses currently or in the near future.

Posted By: Question
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Gamma phi is the closest to being done (should be sometime in April).
KD just started their house recently, November maybe? It's supposed to open in time for rush and they're putting it up pretty quickly so it probably will be.
AOPi just got approved for the lot next to the new gamma phi house once they tear down barnwell, that'll probably be in two or three years.
Phi mu just tore down their house over break, I'm assuming they're starting construction ASAP.
Zeta is tearing down their house and gamma phi's as soon as gphi moves out in the spring. Rumor has it that zeta has no house next year (we're running out of swing houses). Not sure when DZ is tearing down but they'll take part of zetas current lot and their own.
Kappa might be on the same timeline as zeta but I'm not sure.
The houses that have already been rebuilt/renovated are aphi, chio, alpha gam, tridelt, dg, alpha chi, and adpi. Pi phi's house was a lot newer than everyone else's but I've heard they might be expanding anyway. Haven't heard anything about theta but I know them and aopi just recently renovated so that's why they're going last. They'll probably go where tut is now.

By: Ok so

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: theta   

theta is taking over AOPi's current spot and building on those two lots

By: theta
#2by:    

Does anyone happen to have a link to the plans of what the completed Sorority Row(s) are going to look like?

By: Curious
by: .   

Somewhere online (can't remember where I saw it) theres a photo of the possible lots that can be built on, I think there are like 22 lots on the map. I think the only house that doesn't know where they'll be at this point is theta and they'll most likely be where tut is (if they ever tear it down) or possibly on the other side of where the new aopi house will be (like part of the barnwell lot and the rest of where the old adpi house is now)

By: .
by: .   

Also there's supposedly an open lot on the other side of DG but I think it's pretty small, I can see theta going for a bigger lot and that lot going to a new chapter if anyone ever decides to colonize here. Or SDT which personally I think it would be great if they had a house on the row.

By: .
by: Theta   

There aren't any plans to tear down the Tutwiler dorm. Temple-Tutwiler, the building next to AOPi, is slated to be torn down according to the master plan. The Theta, AOPi and Temple-Tutwiler lots will become two larger lots. Theta will build on the Theta/AOPi portion of the lot and AOPi will move leaving one large lot open.

By: Theta
by: Ah   

Oh okay that makes sense. For some reason I was under the impression that the university wanted the theta/aopi land back for the stadium area.

By: Ah
#3by:    

I am a Theta and we are in the process of having our plans for our new house approved by the university and our nationals. We already have plans drawn up and for now the plan is to stay where we are but to take over AOPi's lot as well. It will be hopefully completed after phi Mu/kappa! Pretty much everyone is getting beautiful new houses very soon!

By: Theta

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.