facebook

o

by:    

my mom was a alpha phi at UT and my sister is currently a kappa at UT, does it hurt or help to put my mom down?

Posted By: texas
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

"Put them down?"
Do you mean list them on your registration form, or say hateful things about their sororities?
Yeah, do that. What a great way to encourage your closest female relatives.

Or if you mean list them and their sororities, yes.
Sororities are going to find out anyway.

By: Tell
by: Me again   

Well here if you are an alum then other houses will cut you

By: Me again
by: @me again   

I have many, many relatives and friends who have attended UT. The other houses do NOT cut you based on your legacy status. Big 6 uses that as an excuse, but they will keep you if they want you. Sororities often cut PKT girls if they make it clear they have no interest in any others. Mostly just so they don't waste time on someone who is not really being esp polite. Same here. They will find out where your interests lay if THEY are interested in YOU. Same here.

By: @me again
#2by:    

Why on earth would putting your mom's sorority down on the resume even be a question?

By: greek
by: OTOH   

No, you're not greek.

By: OTOH
#3by:    

Clearly you have the conception that Alpha Phi sucks when compared to Kappa. If it weren't for Old Row, they'd both be on the same level or pretty darn close. And as stated above, we'll all find out anyway

By: Guest
#4by:    

I'm a legacy to two houses also, and I am from out of state and had no other connections to Alabama. I did not put either of my legacy statuses on my resume, and I don't think anyone found out (obviously I cannot know for sure, but I know for sure that the house I ended up going had no idea until I told them afterwards)

I did that because I did not want to be cut because of my legacy or give houses the impression that I was definitely going for my legacy houses. I wanted to go in with a clear and open mind and maybe create my own legacy which is what I ended up doing.

Also though, you could list it, and make it a point to tell the women you talk to in the houses that you're not set on your legacy status and you just want to be open-minded. That tells the girl that she should actually pay attention to you.

By: A.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Oh   

They knew.
You're right - if your a legacy, TELL the girls rushing you that you don't necessarily want to pledge your legacy sorority.

By: Oh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.