facebook

sorority help

by: Out of state

I'm from Texas and planning to attend UA next fall and I would like to rush but how hard would it be to get into a good sorority? I have a high GPA, I am a cheer captain and part if honor societies and other extracurricular activities. I don't know anyone who is an alumnae or current member so I can't get recs is that important? Also I am Hispanic does that play a factor?

Posted By: Out of state
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Oofy   

You can't get recs? None of your high school teachers went to college? Your parents know nobody who went to college? There are no alumnae panhellenics in Texas willing to help you?

By: Oofy
by: yesNov 29, 2014 1:01:16 PM

Exactly what I thought when I read this. You know people, you just have to ask. Sorority recruitment is not a joke, so don't take it lightly.

By: yes
#2  by: Texas   

I am from Texas and our school had a list of moms and their sororities from our graduating class and the years before us. My sports team had a list, too, with previous year's moms listed. Our city and school had it down to an exact science. In Texas, we (they) require a sponsor and two supporting letters ... although, I don't think that is necessary here. I would check at your school. It is an exhausting process and a lot of work but worth it.

By: Texas

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.