facebook

not okay

by:    

Today at the homecoming event while waiting for our sorority's game to start I overheard a fraternity member very rudely tell a girl in a bottom house that they weren't there to support the other team, they just came to make fun of this particular house. I also saw another guy turn around and say something incredibly mean (didn't hear what he said, but her face said it all) when she was cheering after a turnover. Sometimes as a member of what is considered an "old row" sorority I forget how awful and entitled our greek members can act. It just left a bad taste in my mouth and I felt the need to share, sorry for the novel. I hope someday things will be better.

Posted By: ugh.
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

As much as I hate to say this, it won't get better. There will always be houses that openly put down others.

By: ...
#2by:    

I would hope that no Southern gentlemen would ever be caught doing something like that. Their grandmothers would disown them for it. Surely it was an out of state yay-hoo who doesn't have any manners.

By: yes
#3by:    

That's....just so disgusting.If you know anybody in that fraternity, I hope you will talk to them and tell them how hateful that really was. They should go to the house and apologize to every girl there.

By: Nikki
#4by:    

There is entitlement and mean spiritedness in the world. Unfortunately, those that have been fed with a silver spoon know no better and demonstrate the behavior best. Receivers of such poor behavior grow stronger as individuals and are able to cope better in the world. Rack it up as a learning experience. And, steer clear of those boys!

By: There

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

I would encourage anyone who witnessed this to talk to fellow students about it and name the fraternity.
The sorority president - and Panhel president - could even contact the fraternity's president and demand an in-person apology. Sorority could then invite a delegation of men from the fraternity to dinner at the house.
If it gets called out, this behavior could actually decrease.

By: Nikki
by: Well   

While this would be really nice in theory, I have a feeling it would be extremely embarrassing for the women. Kinda like in grade school when a kid tattled and everyone stuck with the bully because they were "powerful" even though most of them knew it was wrong.

By: Well
#6by:    

A holes

By: I heard it was the KA's

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.