facebook

hi

by: pnm

Advice to a pnm without a 3.0?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

Wait until sophomore year to rush. Very few houses will take you, and you could miss the opportunity to find your home. Wait, get your GPA up, and then rush as a sophomore so you can find where you truly fit in.

By: Guest
by: OrNov 11, 2014 3:25:58 PM

Try and COB in Spring

By: Or
by: ButNov 11, 2014 4:57:59 PM

I know some girls in multiple houses and could definitely get some recommendations, I'm really outgoing and good in social situations, I'm also attractive enough id say. I've heard of many girls that got into great houses without a 3.0 and feel like I definitely stand a chance! Would rushing just completely be a bad idea? I've heard that houses will bend the rules for girls worth taking

By: But
by: GuestNov 11, 2014 5:04:49 PM

You can't count on being good enough for houses to bend the rules. I'm sure you're awesome and absolutely lovely, but there are VERY few girls they would bend the rules for, and even then, it's pushing it to take a girl with a 3.0. A few houses will, and they truly are great houses, but you could be giving up a house that would be a much better fit for you. I don't mean to be harsh, but if you can barely maintain a 3.0 in high school, the chances of you being successful in regards to grades is low, and no house that cares about grades will accept you because you would bring down their GPA.

I bet you're awesome, but I think you should wait until fall of your sophomore year to rush.

By: Guest
#2  by: Active   

It depends on how low your gpa really is. Are we talking 2.9 or a 2.5? SOME houses will take grade risks, but most will not, and the only girls that will be taken as grade risks are girls that have very deep connections, like legacies, sisters, active's best friends, etc. Best advice is to sit it out because honestly you're just going to get your feelings hurt more than likely. The computer at my house automatically cuts all PNMs below a 3.0 and I know many others have that as well.

By: Active
#3  by: uastudent   

dont rush

By: uastudent
#4  by: loveit   

great advice and its on the money. You will find your home and dont worry.

By: loveit
#5  by: AXO   

My house won't look at anyone without a 3.5

By: AXO
by: not true axoDec 5, 2014 5:36:08 PM

You house did in fact take a 3. So it is possible to have less than the 3.5 and get AXO.

By: not true axo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.