facebook

snap bids?

by: sorority

Would someone please explain snap bids and why they are so bad?

Posted By: sorority
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

If you are released from recruitment because you failed to match with a house, despite maximizing your options (and not suiciding), then you are available for a snap bid. A snap bid occurs when a house does not meet quota and have the opportunity to give a bid to someone who has already been released. In this case, they would call that person the morning of bid day and ask the girl if she would like to receive a bid to XYZ chapter. If she says yes, she gets a bid.

Snap bids are considered bad because it means the house was not desirable enough to fill their class without taking additional girls.

By: Guest
#2  by: Top girl   

Ok, it's not bad to get a snap bid! Let's be real here. Nationally all sororities here are strong. Remember there are a lot of girls who get released and never get another opportunity to join a sorority. Jump on that snap bid and make the most of your experience.

By: Top girl
by: GuestNov 6, 2014 7:59:28 PM

I'm the first person to commented. I definitely agree with 2 comment. Definitely take advantage of the snap bid and I hope you have an incredible experience because each house is awesome! I was just saying why other houses say that having to give snap bids is bad.

By: Guest
by: @Top girlNov 6, 2014 9:29:05 PM

It's not bad to GET a snap bid, it's bad to GIVE them. When sororities have to give snap bids, it's because they did not meet quota (something KD is notorious for)

By: @Top girl
by: It'sNov 6, 2014 10:55:29 PM

It's not bad to give a snap bid. The bigger houses have to cut deeply earlier in the game; therefore, they run a higher risk of having to issue snap bids to meet quota.

By: It's
by: falseNov 6, 2014 11:07:19 PM

Houses that know what they're doing and put on a smart rush have no need to give snap bids, because all the girls that they want, want them back. That's why you rarely see top houses like AXO, DDD, Phi Mu, or Kappa resorting to them

By: false
by: evenNov 7, 2014 2:15:40 AM

some New Row houses don't snap

By: even

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.