facebook

wow!

by:    

I was looking to enroll as a transfer at Alabama, mainly for its greek life. But I've never experienced such hatred within a greek community before. I come from TX where everyone is friendly and welcoming..but here it seems that people are either extremely nice, or incredibly rude. I'm not saying that I am completely going to base my judgements off of this site when it comes to the Greek system but I feel that it does have some authenticity to it. So can ya'll tell me, is it really this hateful in person? I find that some people who have simple questions have gotten bashed and insulted for no apparent reason.

Posted By: 93902039
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I find it rude that you are visiting what is clearly a gossip site and calling out the manners of the entire Greek system based on a few people. Either that, or you want someone to beg you to change your mind and come here. Not going to happen. If you come, welcome. If you don't, I feel like we might survive anyway.

By: I'm sorry.
by: amen   

And anyone "looking to enroll as a transfer at Alabama, mainly for its Greek life" and then claiming to have "never experienced such hatred within a Greek community" should take a logic class before applying to transfer.

By: amen
by: 93902039   

I'm sorry that I offended you, that wasn't my intent at all. Im not trying to call out the manners of the entire Greek system, as Im sure it is made up of wonderful women and men. Two of my best friends were thetas here. What I am is trying to get a feel for it. Simple questions that people have asked on here have gotten bashed pretty bad and from my perception, more than what I'm use to when it comes to Greek life which rightfully worries me. But you're right about the gossip site part, I don't know why I came here to ask this question. Totally wasn't thinking and stupid on my part.

By: 93902039
by: 93902039   

I come from a school with a Greek community not nearly as large as Alabama's, and visit friends at their sorority houses from TAMU, UGA, and UVA. So I don't think I'll need that logic class. I think I have good experience when it comes to greek life. Thank you for the recommendation though.

By: 93902039
by: ugagreekobserver   

Hmmm, so you're being rude in response to someone accusing Greeks of being rude. Looks like they have their answer.

By: ugagreekobserver
by: to 93902029   

Overjoyed to hear you have good experience when it comes to Greek life, and to think you even have friends in sororities at UGA, TAMU, and UVA -- well, bless your heart, what a special snowflake you must be!

I think I speak for all of us when I suggest you stay wherever you are while we struggle along as best we can without you and your experience.

By: to 93902029
#2by:    

So you dropped out of recruitment at Texas and are now looking for better results at Alabama....

Judging from your post, you are not going to have good luck. Some people just aren't meant to be Greek.

Maybe you should got Podunk U and see if it works out better there.

By: Dropped, huh?
#3by:    

I'm from Texas and you must not be talking about UT. They are super rude in there not to mention their cut throat rush. After watching years if friends go they there ... I think it's full of mean girls!

By: Texas

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

I'm not sure why people have to be so condescending. It's funny how rude people will be when they're behind the shield of an anonymous post. Whoever was asking-- all SEC recruitment is competitive but I don't think the girls are necessarily rude in real life.

By: Condescending
#5by:    

Actually, it's really only on this website that Greek life seems so hateful. That's to be expected from an anonymous forum. In reality, most everyone gets along and most ladies have tons of friends in other houses.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.