facebook

spring rush

by:    

I'm a freshman at unc chapel hill I don't really like it here and i really want to transfer to alabama. I def want to join a fraternity at alabama. So I was wondering how hard it is for a transfer to get a bid from a top fraternity? Is it better to rush in the spring or in the fall? And will being from North Carolina hurt my chances despite of the fact that I'm extremley southern?

Posted By: Transfer
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Unc chapel hill is so much better than bama. As in miles ahead of it. Comparing unc chapel hill and bama is like comparing the the seahawks and the raiders, just completley different levels. Dont transfer here, if you want a job. Chapel hill will set you up good, bama wont.

By: Lol
by: Transfer   

In terms of getting a job it doesn't matter where I go I come from an extremely wealthy family and will be set up with a job as long as I graduate college.

By: Transfer
#2by:    

I'd stick it out. You're just starting college. If you don't like it by the end of November, then yea transfer. Chapel Hill is more prestigious than Alabama but we still have great programs like business, engineering, nursing, and communications. Rush for fall pledge classes normally starts in the spring, but some are already gathering names for the next fall pledge class. I don't know about transfers, but everyone bids and does pledge upperclassmen so you're fine there. And believe me, tiers don't really matter (Old Row vs. New Row) after sophomore year. Go with who you're comfortable with; don't base your decision on prestige.

By: One
#3by:    

You'll be fine, I had a sophomore from NC in my pledge class.
Where in NC are you from?

By: FromNC
by: Transfer   

Originally rocky mount but mostly grew up in wilmington

By: Transfer
by: Fine   

You have nothing to worry about.

By: Fine
#4by:    

What houses rush in the spring and should we contact them now?

By: so

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

Anyone who wants to transfer from Chapel Hill to here has got to be a troll.

By: really?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.