facebook

not feeling welcome

by:    

I know it's only been a week but wondering if I pledged the wrong sorority. We don't have bigs, actives are mean and disinterested. Am I expecting too much too soon?

Posted By: Pledge
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

everyone needs a break after recruitment. Be thankful!

By: really?
#12by:    

Keep with it. It gets better!

By: It's normal
#13by:    

This was me last year. I rushed and got a bid into the house I thought I wanted. A couple weeks later I felt I did not "feel it" I struggled but ended up dropping out. I focused on my classes, met people and then went through it all again this year. I basically was able to pick my new house because I new so many people and now I am right where I belong. If you don't feel it get out now!

By: i can relate
by: above   

I don't know what house you are in, but no respectable house would take another house's dropouts. Perhaps if you wanted the lowest house and accidentally got a middle house and "didn't feel it," you could get your lowest house the next year. But even so, I doubt they'd take you. I think you're not telling the truth and are messing with a young girl who might take you seriously.

By: above
by: See   

"Above," never say never. It does happen, every year.

By: See
#14by:    

You must have

My house is awesome. I love these girls and have no trouble being myself

By: Sorry
#15by:    

I was not a fan of my sorority, gave it a bit and dropped. The first few weeks were so hard because I felt alone and on the outside but I have never been happier. I joined clubs and groups and made much better friend ships. No, I do not have 150 'best friends' but I have real friendships that go beyond what connections I had during rush and what other people thought of us. Greek life is not the only way to make friends and be happy. I promise

By: GDI
by: @GDI   

True, sororities aren't for everyone. Some people are more loners and don't exert themselves to make friends. It's far better for folks like you to be involved with clubs where you have a safety net of a common interest to give you something to talk about. No one has 150 best friends, but in sororities you do have 150 or actually more sisters. I'd be really sad to give that up. But to each his/her own. Glad you're happy.

By: @GDI
#16by:    

Well, GDI, that is disingenuous. Glad you found your place at UA, but it's stupid to think everybody should do what you do.

By: See
by: Hmmm   

I really don't think she was saying that. I think her point was that you don't have to be Greek to enjoy student life at UA. To each his own. I'm glad YOU enjoy being Greek, but dont feel so defensive.

By: Hmmm
#17by:    

Love my house
My pledge sisters rock!
We go out, work out and study. Amazing group of girls.

By: Bummer

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.