facebook

not feeling welcome

by:    

I know it's only been a week but wondering if I pledged the wrong sorority. We don't have bigs, actives are mean and disinterested. Am I expecting too much too soon?

Posted By: Pledge
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

It's totally normal to have doubts. It took me til second semester to love my sorority. You'll find your friends and your place. It's also very early for bigs...

By: Don't worry
by: Focus on your   

pledge sisters. Make friends and get involved in activities inside and outside the chapter. You may just be suffering from let down feelings that are perfectly normal after such an intense recruitment process. Give things a little more time.

By: Focus on your
by: Honeymoon   

Yeah this happened to me too. Like there's bid day, then retreat, then it's like the honeymoon period is over. But don't lose hope! Give it time. You'll learn to love it even when there isn't new, exciting stuff going on. Take pleasure in the little things like grabbing coffee with your new pledge sisters or getting ready to go out together.

By: Honeymoon
by: Well   

I had my doubts and kept with it, and it just got way worse. But I was in an old row house and they're a lot meaner in general to their pledges

By: Well
#2by:    

The actives have just spent a few pretty intense weeks on recruiting. They came back to school early to get ready, then had recruitment week which was very intense, then bid day etc. Now they need a little time to focus on school starting, seeing old friends, etc. You're just used to being the center of attention. Now you need to start branching out and getting involved on your own. I agree. Focus on your pledge sisters, getting involved in campus activities, and school work. Soon football will start. Everyone feels like this after going through the process. You'll love it, but you're going to have to put in effort too.

By: truth
#3by:    

Agree with all the comments. I think you are expecting too much, too soon.

By: Agree

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

and let yourself absorb everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks. Classes have just started and the workload will pick up quickly. The little things that are bothering you will seem infinitesimal soon enough.

By: Take a breath
#5by:    

something to happen then ask girls to do something.

If you hear of something going on...reach out and include yourself. With so many girls the ones who get involved the most make the best memories.

By: If you want
#6by:    

You can't expect to be courted continuously. Recruitment is over. You have plenty to do with new member classes, college classes, and learning your way around the school. Stop griping and take some responsibility for your own happiness.

By: ?
#7by:    

if you would have the same opportunities by being GDI. If you honestly think you aren't cut out for greek life, then return your bid, Otherwise, pull up your big girl pants and make use of the opportunities that being greek offers.

By: Ask yourself
#8by:    

About your choice

The grass always looks greener!

Make it work you made your bed now lie in it.

By: Hope you are feeling
#9by:    

If you still feel it .... Don't initiate... That way you can pledge another house.

By: Don't
#10by:    

You pledged the wrong house. You should dropout.

By: W

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.