facebook

is next year's rush open to current students?

by: MaleFreshman

I am a new guy on campus from out of state and apparently I've missed out on joining a decent fraternity. Most of this year's pledges seem to be freshmen like myself, but do fraternities--and quality ones, not colonies--recruit any current students for next year's pledge class?

If I am unclear, this is what I mean. Most guys follow this path:
1. High School Senior
2. Rush in Spring/Summer
3. Get bid to house
4. Become pledge brother in fall

I want to follow this path:
1. College freshman
2. Rush in spring/summer
3. Get bid to house
4. Become pledge brother in fall

Possible?

Posted By: MaleFreshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Large Swanson   

Sure. it's done all the time.

By: Large Swanson
#2  by: Fried Pickle King   

Lots of strong middle fraternity's take spring members. I would keep your eyes open on campus and find guys you can relate to. Look at IFC website and contact recruitment chairs.

If you are wanting a Alabama dominate house that will not happen. They stick with HS friends and legacies.

By: Fried Pickle King
by: Deepest Slog In BamAug 24, 2014 11:58:28 AM

Fried Pickle King has no clue. I've known DKE's,SAE's and KA's that have pledged for their sophmore year doing it like the OP's plan.

By: Deepest Slog In Bam
#3  by: interestingnameshere   

Thanks gentlemen

By: interestingnameshere
#4  by: Okra God   

Check ur facts short bus slong.
SAE doesn't even pledge any more. National took that away cuz too many chapters were getting closed. LOL

DKE will string you along. If you get into their parties... Your blessed for the night!

There are only 5 middle row houses that often take spring classes. Rush in spring semester, brother by by summer. Full member by fall.

All houses will take a solid sophomore in fall.

By: Okra God

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.