facebook

really?

by:    

PSA: There are children being beheaded in the Middle East, the fact that the whole country is in an outrage over a stupid Snapchat is a travesty. We have bigger things to worry about, people

Posted By: not a chi o
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Is the whole country in a outrage? Haven't heard this.

By: What?!
by: yeah   

It was on fox news last night completely being blown out of proportion

By: yeah
#2by:    

It's not being blown out of proportion...also, why should we care about the Middle East? We have nothing to do with it, and I guarantee you they aren't concerned with us anyways.

By: um
by: wow   

f u redneck

By: wow
by: ummmmm   

... one day you may regret that statement...despite sorority affiliation...ignorance is not bliss...

By: ummmmm
#3by:    

Look on twitter at how many call each other that very word. And, wow, you need help.

By: Amen.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: get real   

Her intention was not to use that word, but "Ninjas". Sorry, you already know that.

By: get real
#4by:    

ACTUALLY,

The whole country is currently enveloped in a race drama centering in the town of Ferguson, MO. If you think that rich, white privilege doing something like this at a time like this should be ignored or go unnoticed, then you are an idiot.

I am very proud (white, conservative) member of a top tier sorority here at Alabama, and I have some of the dearest friends in the world in Chi Omega. I know that this conduct is not representative of every member of the fraternity, but as a sisterhood, I am disappointed that the chapter did not handle this better - or even handle it at all.

Arguing that something like this, at a school that was already SO under the spotlight given transgressions and tradition in the past that has at least made the outside world look at our great university with question, should just be laughed off or that those involved should be given merely a slap on the wrist is disrespectful to potentially an entire race, and an entire national sorority whose chapters and whose other members at this university uphold the highest moral standards.

You're better than that, defenders.

By: what
by: Active    

Very well said. It doesn't matter which sorority was involved. They need to be held accountable for their member. We have had so much bad press and to do something so insensitive and inflammatory is indefensible. I'm angry that she has caused our school and our greek life to be turned into a joke. Her comment was disgusting. I'm not an AA and I was offended by it. Having the audacity to snap chat something like that shows such arrogance.

By: Active
by: to na   

I wrote that and I do not see or recall calling you a redneck.

If you are a Chi Omega, I would be concerned about my otherwise glowing referral of what you just said, but I don't believe that you are, and I still believe that outside of a couple bad apples (there is no two ways around that fact) they are an amazing sorority here at Bama - that they will learn more about their sisterhood and continue to grow from this, although the way it was handled initially at a chapter level was not the best.

Where did you get that I called you a redneck?

By: to na

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.