facebook

chio dirty rushing

by:    

What about all the dirty rushing Chio did this past week? Girls on my floor were interested in other sororities after their top 200 debacles THEN ended up not preffing at all and then got snap bids from Chio early early Sat morning. Will Panhellenic address this? Sure they got phone calls from Chio actives on instructing them on how to proceed. Another girl on my floor was guaranteed Chio from a hometown active so dropped all other houses after the debacle and ended up with a snap bid to KD. Think Chio should be accountable!! There is a reason for recruitment- glad my sorority I chose and most other houses on campus are ethical and can live with themselves after so many broken promises!f

Posted By: Karma
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

moms, you're ruining things for your daughters - stop. this post is on the very public chi omega facebook page.

(name redacted) Sue, I was interested in your take on legacies. My daughter just went through rush at AL and yes it is unbelievable. We have 4 ChiO alumns in our family, 12 recs were sent for my daughter, she had a 3.87 GPA with a 30 on her ACT and she was cut from ChiO. Just wanted to hear your thoughts because as you can imagine I was very disappointed. What sorority did your daughter pledge? I hope whatever she pledged she loves it and enjoys the experience!

By: sure

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ^ 12 recs???   

Desperate?

By: ^ 12 recs???
by: sucks   

poor girl. sounds like her mom thinks her daughter is "owed" a bid to a sorority... because that's how this stuff works, right?

By: sucks
by: LOVE IT!!!   

The world needs more of this lady below and less of the mom above:

I have bitten my lip until this post. I am a proud Nu Beta Chi Omega alumnae and a proud graduate of The University of Alabama. I would never judge your entire chapter based on an isolated incident by one member. The fact that minority students have not received bids in years' past is not because of their race. For decades, UA has had way more girls participate in recruitment than we have the capacity to offer bids to. We set a national Greek record this year with over 2250 PNMs. What active is not guilty of posturing for her own girls during recruitment? It has been 100% about numbers, not race. The non-Greek community and campus media resent the strength of the UA Greek system and make it about race when they can. I have two awesome daughters who were both dropped by Chi Omega during recruitment - one here at UA and the other one at University of Mississippi - and it was for no reason other than there were so many amazing young ladies to choose from and we only had 2 active Tuscaloosa girls in the house during that year. If I can grasp this dilemma and not be bitter that my own Chi Omega Fraternity let my two amazing daughters slip through it's hands, then I don't think it is fair for those of you who know nothing of our University, city or Chi Omega chapter make untrue accusations. It's just NOT true. Surely we can support each other as sisters and cease with the untrue statements?

SHE'S AWESOME!!!

By: LOVE IT!!!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.