facebook

active

by:    

So I was telling my mother about the whole Chi O debacle, and since she isn't Greek, I explained Panhellenic rules about being tied to your bid for a year, so that the girls who were dropping out of the Chi O pledge class because of the racism would have to wait until next year to rush again.

My mom kind of brought up a good point. Would the National Panhellenic Council ever make an exception to allow the girls who dropped out to participate in Spring Rush because of the nature of this circumstance?
This is probably a really dumb question, but the NPC could definitely make exceptions, right?

Posted By: Question
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

NPC isn't likely to make an exception, because that would set a dangerous precedent.

By: Chi O 'til I die o
#2by:    

Good question. I'm not sure of the rules on this.

By: Active
#3by:    

No, the bound to a sorority deal is an Unanimous Agreement and therefore exceptions cannot be made. However, if those girls transfer schools there is no entity keeping track of whether or not they accepted a bid at their last school. I've witnessed this myself...a girl accepts a bid from X sorority at X school in the fall, then transfers to Y university in the Spring and starts pledging Y sorority instead of X. Nobody can say boo to a goose over it because NPC doesn't keep records of who joins where and whether their year is up.

By: In The Know
#4by:    

So you are stuck if you don't transfer schools? Seems so unfair.

By: Question
by: Guest   

They won't be "stuck." They can rush again next fall, and I think the other houses will applaud them for dropping out and standing for what they believe in. They aren't bound to Chi O forever.

By: Guest
#5by:    

...those pledges made snap judgments....which they may live to regret...since all the facts were NOT in...and in the haste to "whitewash" 'Bama rush...NPC did NOT give a sorority member the opportunity to defend herself...THIS will cost them plenty...

By: ummm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.