facebook

question

by:    

Hi Everyone! My daughter went through Rush and was cut by her favorite houses, so she dropped out. Someone from our hometown is the President of one of the houses she liked so much. I can't believe she let my daughter get dropped! You would think the President would have more influence than that. Is there a way to appeal their decision? My daughter is amazing - smart, pretty, athletic, etc.

Posted By: Jessie'sMom
Page 3 of 4
#21by:    

Why so much anger in the tone of the reply? I know it's been a long week but come on ladies, it's time for some smiles and let the comments rest. So much to look forward to during these wonderful four years. Trust me, the mortgage, kids, jobs, aging parents take over and you will reflect happily on even Rush!

Enjoy and have a wonderful football season!

By: Wow!
by: Harper Lee   

Racism and unkindness are SUPPOSED to make good people angry enough to do something about it. How patronizing of you to pat us on the head and tell us to smile and enjoy football season!

By: Harper Lee
by: @y'all above   

Please go back to greek chat and get off greek rank. And take your snowflakes and unicorns with you.

By: @y'all above
#22by:    

I wanted to update everyone on my situation. I heard back from the National office and they were very helpful in explaining the whole recruitment process. While I understand what they told me, I still can't help but feel that my daughter didn't get enough exposure to enough sisters. She was cut after the first round. How could they really get to know her in 20 minutes? I've heard through the grapevine that most sororities already have their pledge lists figured out ahead of time, usually from people they went to High School with. That doesn't seem fair.

By: Jessie'sMom
by: Is this real   

same goes for your daughter. she didn't give them enough to chance to make a decision either - which is why she shouldn't have dropped out. She did this to herself.

By: Is this real
by: LOL   

So they had enough time to get to know and bid thousands of girls, but not your special snowflake of a daughter? lmao

I don't go to UA, but rest assured 20 minutes is enough to at least leave a good first impression and make us want to get to know you more.

At my school about 600 girls rush and it's hectic enough, so almost every girl going through rush knows to put their best foot forward and to market themselves.

It's tough, but you can't blame the system for your daughter being cut.

By: LOL
by: If   

she knew people in houses and they still cut her first round it means your daughter isn't exactly the person you think she is.

By: If
by: Ugh!   

I feel so sorry for any sorority nationals now that they have to take questions from psycho moms like this. Can you imagine this poor woman trying to keep a straight face and pleasant tone while mommy, a non-member at that, wants to know about the appeals process? I'd burst out laughing.

By: Ugh!
#23by:    

To LOL, if you don't go to UA, why are you on this website? Why should I listen to anything you have to say about my daughter's situation? And why the Special Snowflake comments? Seriously, I think you need a hobby. You don't go to Alabama yet you feel compelled to comment.

By: Jessie'sMom
by: um   

seems like a whole lot of people need hobbies. Especially trolls and mommies.

By: um
by: Hi   

I don't go to Bama either but everyone is visiting this site because of the Chi O thing. Literally the entire country is laughing at you being overprotective. I didn't get a bid to my top choice sorority but I love my sisterhood and it's your daughters fault for dropping. She's in college, she's not 5. Let her handle her own damn problems.

By: Hi
by: @Jessie's mom   

You are pathetic! A total embarrassment! I'm so glad you are not my mom! You need to get off this site and the internet because all you are doing is making Jessie's life worse off! Yes I go to Alabama! Why don't you take your crying over to Greek Chat where all the biddies with no life are and talk to them?!

By: @Jessie's mom
by: LOL   

I'm on here because I heard about the little Chi O fiasco.

You don't go here and you aren't in a sorority, so why are you playing helicopter mom, hanging out on a greek gossip site?

If your daughter is anywhere near as clueless, ditsy and annoying as you are, it's obvious why she was cut.

By: LOL
by: What???!!!   

To @jessie's mom: ha, you think the "old biddies" at Greek Chat will talk to this mom and feel sorry for her? Hell, they came up with Special Snowflake and I'd pay to watch them set this mom straight.

I like the GC ladies. Some get testy but lots are nice and will help if you don't act like a spoiled princess. I know PNMs they've helped get recs and even arranged for them to meet sorority members here at Alabama and other schools. Before my little pledged my chapter, we were introduced by an old biddy from GC who wasn't even 30. Someone in her early 20's from over there did a rec for a girl I know who ended up in my chapter. Some are older and probably grandmothers but so what if they're smart, have connections and are pretty high up the alum ranks?

Maybe Jessie's mom should go tell them exactly what she told us. It would be entertainment and better than anything on TV.

By: What???!!!
by: ^^^Hahaha   

OK old biddie from greek chat! If you say so.

By: ^^^Hahaha
by: @hahaha   

Nope, I'm not an old biddy from GC, but you know they'd never go along with Jessie's mom. And I really would pay to watch them take her on. That would be some funny entertainment.

By: @hahaha
#24by:    

MOM! I told you to LEAVE ME ALONE!

By: Jessie
#25by:    

JessiesMom Bless Your Heart.

By: OMG
#26by:    

Sorry, to hear your daughter had a bad experience with rushing! I know of three beautiful other girls who where not picked at another SEC school to join sorority life. Chalk it up to one of life's little lessons.

Encourage, her to become involved with other groups at the University. Best to move on.

By: OneMomtoanother
by: @OneMomtoanoth   

Jessie wasn't "not picked!" She had plenty of options when she dropped out of rush. They just weren't top tier so she thought she was too good for them. Seriously, how does can a girl think she "doesn't like" a house when there are over 300 members? Dumb Jessie. Dumb mom.

By: @OneMomtoanoth
#27by:    

I have just one thing to say.

youtube.com/watch?v=e-i7rz9CsIM

By: Aunt Bunny
#28by:    

It's unanimous: le tout Tuscaloosa is now officially bored with Jessie'sMom. You have failed to amuse us and are done. Away! Shoo!

By: we voted and

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#29by:    

No, wait! I want to know if Jessie has transferred yet.

By: @above
#30by:    

There is possibly a new house coming to BAma. If Jessie still wants to do Greek life here she may want to get a group of friends here and contact that national house. She could be a charter member for them when the recolonize. Then she could make the house anything she wanted and she will be in controll of who her sisters are.

There are lots of girls in her place.

By: News of Sigma Kappa
by: Jessie's Babydaddy   

One member of a new sorority can make this happen. Oh ok. You sure are dumb.

By: Jessie's Babydaddy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.