facebook

question

by:    

Hi Everyone! My daughter went through Rush and was cut by her favorite houses, so she dropped out. Someone from our hometown is the President of one of the houses she liked so much. I can't believe she let my daughter get dropped! You would think the President would have more influence than that. Is there a way to appeal their decision? My daughter is amazing - smart, pretty, athletic, etc.

Posted By: Jessie'sMom
Page 2 of 4
#11by:    

special snowflakes reproduced.

By: I didn't know

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ?   

What does this even mean?

By: ?
#12by:    

Are you KIDDING ME? You called the National office because your baby didn't get a bid? This is the MOST competitive Recruitment in the Nation! Did they laugh at you? You should have sent your daughter to Auburn!

By: WTF
by: Tops   

Best answer yet.

By: Tops
#13by:    

probably a troll. the moms aren't that stupid or desperate.

By: well
by: Dumas   

Oh, but they are...especially GDIs, because they don't know how the system works. What's sad is that she hasn't even tried to educate herself about sororities or NPC recruitment.

By: Dumas
#14by:    

At least it's an amusing troll

By: SHREK
#15by:    

I am hoping that your daughter's name is not Jessie, because it will be fairly easy to find out who she is. If she is interested in Greek life, Panhellenic will have a sign up for Continuous Open Bidding. Have HER call the Office of Greek Life to find out the details. DO NOT call national headquarters. Membership selection is private and they are not going to give you any information.
It is not impossible to go through recruitment as an upperclassman. If she gets involved on campus, makes good grades and has good friends involved in Greek life it is possible to have a successful recruitment.
One last thing, you can not hold the chapter president responsible for your daughter's rush. The chapter makes these decisions, not just one person.

By: Honest Answer
by: Dumas   

Even the chapter president has just one vote. The girls who met her and voted on her probably thought she was a privileged twit and voted against her.

By: Dumas
#16by:    

This can't be real. It just can't be. Poor girl if it is. In the event that it really is...well, I can't think of anything to say about that. Shaking my head, though.

By: ???
#17by:    

OP, you've gotten the Mountain Brook biddies over at GreekChat all riled up now ;)

By: haha
by: Jessie'sHomie   

Ruh-roh, there goes my shot at the junior league

By: Jessie'sHomie
by: Idk   

Hilarious! Them women on that other site is mean, mean, mean know I talks. Don't tango with em.

By: Idk
by: BD   

Fools and stupid statements are not suffered over there.

By: BD
#18by:    

This is a troll

By: trollhater
by: above   

Isn't there enough discrimination on this site already without your making fun of short people too? How do you know that a short person even wrote that and why would you care?

By: above
by: Tops   

Um, THIS is the best answer yet! Shorties unite!

By: Tops
#19by:    

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually ready for classes to start so people have something else to do

By: TT
by: trollhater   

You are a moron...a troll In Internet slang, is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response ...

By: trollhater
by: what?   

The person you replied to just said she was ready for classes to start so there wouldn't so much drama. How is that upsetting to you? How is it off-topic? How is it provoking? How is it inflammatory or extraneous? I just don't get the troll hater at all.

By: what?
#20by:    

I heard Chi Omega has some openings now. She will need to bring her own white sheet though.

By: Hahqhahah

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.