facebook

pledgeship

by:    

Hi, my song is going to be attending Alabama next fall (possibly spring) and he wants to join a fraternity. I'm sure people will make fun of this post, but hopefully I'll get some good answers. I am very worried about the dangerous things that I hear about being done to pledges. I have no problem with him having to do embarrassing things, drive actives around, clean up after everyone, etc. but I do not want any physical harm to be done to him. I also don't want him to be forced to excessively drink if he doesn't want to. He likes to party and does drink, but I don't want him to be forced into it. So I guess my question is, which fraternities on campus are not too harsh on their pledges as far as drinking and physical harm goes? And if they are all like that, will he be able to say no without being ridiculed or having his bid revoked? I just get worried hearing horror stories of elephant walks, bottle caps, lightbulbs, etc. Thank You.

Posted By: Drake
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm afradi your "son" may not fit in with any fraternities here. However, I think next years Sorority Recruitment will be non-competitive so he has a good chance with that@!! Tell him good luck!

By: hah
#2by:    

There isn't one. Period. You're sons going to be 18 let him make his own decisions about Greek life and hazing.

By: Nope
#3by:    

Lambda Chi and I think ATO have milk and cookie pledgeships for moms like you and boys like yours. He will be happy and smiling a lot and you will be happy knowing that he is happy and smiling. Guys like your boy stay in touch with their moms once a day, every day.

By: animal mother

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Right now we've got our hands full cleaning up this year's Chi O mess. You & your son are the least of our worries.

By: srynotsry
#5by:    

That's it! Pledge Chi O with your young transgender.

By: animal mother

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.