facebook

recruitment

by:    

I guess since other people are posting their perspective on how pledging a "lower tier" house and how it ended up being a great decision...well the opposite happened to me.

All week during recruitment, I really loved houses who were ranked on here as "middle tier" houses, but there was one house who is consistently ranked "top tier" on here who kept inviting me back even though it seemed like they were cutting everyone else I knew. This top house is known for having gorgeous girls who are mean and catty, and that's exactly right.

I pledged this house and ultimately got initiated into this house. I will say I have sisters who are the nicest women I have ever met in my life, but I also have sisters who live up to their poor reputation. On bid day, I ran to my house excited that this top sorority wanted me, despite the fact that I wanted other houses more deep down. The second I got to the house and found by big, she looked me up and down and told me that I needed to change before we went out. I was wearing plain black shorts like so many PNMs do, but she made me change into lacy pink shorts because they were "more fitting" and thats just one example of what I've experienced.

I will be going early alum. I will not spend all four years as an active member of my sorority. I could have had a much better time as a college student if I would have gone with my heart and not with a "top tier" house because I wanted to be known as the best. Go with your heart, and you will be happy.

Posted By: Active
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

What I'm trying to say is DO NOT risk your happiness for a house just because other people have some ideology of what house is the best. I could have saved myself from a ton of misery if I hadn't been so worried about what other people thought.
In 5 years, would you rather live with yourself knowing that you were a member of a great house, or would you rather live with yourself knowing that you made a ton of great memories with great sisters that you'll be close to forever?

By: Active
#2by:    

Bump

By: Bump
#3by:    

Wow. I'm sorry this happened to you. Is there a reason you chose to get initiated if you disliked it so much?

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Guest   

I think because a small part of me thought that if I just stuck it out, it would grow on me and I would change my mind. Regardless of my collegiate experience, my sorority has a great national organization so I'm not too mad about it.

#4by:    

Bump

#5by:    

A very similar story. Never felt like I fit in. I was constantly being told what to wear and how to act before we went to swaps. It was miserable. I am a junior now and hardly participate. I am a leg so I thought it would be easier for me to fit in. Wrong!

By: I have
#6by:    

Solid advice....Go With Your Heart and Gut!!!
Preference is special, let yourself enjoy it and go where you think that you will fit in and get/gain the college and sorority experience that YOU want.

By: Yes
#7by:    

I chose a top house, but I was from a non southern state. Last year I never quite felt like I fit in. I decided to initiate because I knew if I dropped I would be stigmatized this year. I wish I had gone with a "lower" house. My roomate did and she loves it. Choose wisely, you will see that by spring, your letters won't matter.

By: Agreed
#8by:    

Bump

By: Bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.