facebook

gamma phi

by:    

what exactly is wrong with gamma phi? I hear a lot of people hating on them and it seems like they are very clearly the bottom house so why is that? I'm sure they "have many sweet, pretty, smart girls" but thats not what I'm asking. They just aren't exclusive enough or what? I haven't talked to a single girl who was cut by them.

Posted By: wondering
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

They were the first chapter to take an AA girl and The Machine shunned them. I have no issues with any girls in the house or the chapter, as a whole. If you put that chapter on any other campus in the United States, everyone would love them.

By: Gamma Phi
by: Just stop   

That is not why. That was ages ago and they weren't good then either.

By: Just stop
#2by:    

It is just normal for one or two chapters at a school to get labeled as the "bottom" house. At some schools it may mean total freaks. At Bama, the Greek system is so strong even the "bottom houses" (Gphi, DG, Theta, APhi) would prob be mid level on other campuses. GPhi (and the others mentioned) all have nice, (for the most part) attractive girls, and have a great college experience. Did the African American pledge have some fall-out for them? Yes, though not as much any more. All houses change over a period of 3-4 years. GPhi is really strong in the midwest and west coast. As Bama gets more and more out of staters, that may help Gphi (and DG and Theta). Auburn's GPhi chapter has a rep of being good looking out of staters.

By: Reasons
by: Yes   

This is accurate. Even the lower houses here would be considered good at other schools.

By: Yes
by: Active   

They tend to take the leftovers but that being said, even the leftovers at bama would be considered desirable at other schools.

By: Active
by: PNM   

I thought they were really nice girls and have no idea why they are so looked down on.

By: PNM
by: Disagree   

First off, Bama GPhi is a huge embarrassment to the Auburn chapter as well as other local chapters and no, I do not think they would be considered middle tier at other schools, I don't know what's wrong with them that keeps them down, maybe it's their involvement, grades, or looks, but if they don't want to be the armpit of Panhellenic then they need to step it up.

By: Disagree
by: ^^^^^   

Example of a girl from another lower house who is desperately afraid that if Gamma Phi moves up that her house will be the bottom house. That's why they are so hated.

By: ^^^^^
#3by:    

There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. They have great girls with great sisterhood!

By: Nothing
by: Yes   

I feel bad that everyone always bashes them. There are lots of really nice girls in their house. Hope they have a good rush!

By: Yes
#4by:    

At bama are great!

By: All houses
#5by:    

They are not judgmental and very open to looking at what's inside, not just the outside. How could that be a bad thing?

By: My opinion
#6by:    

gamma phi! Very sweet girls!

By: Love
#7by:    

They are working very hard to prove that sisterhood is not just about looks and money. That should be commended.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

They have internal problems and mean girls just like everybody else. They have nice girls...just like everybody else. They are like other sororities, but have more girls that are unattractive and awkward. They are really fighting for their lives right now.I wish them the best.

By: honest
by: Huh?   

Not sure where you get the "fighting for their lives" comment. They have made above quota the last several years. My guess is that they will again this year.

By: Huh?
by: fighting   

They are bottom tier, below average quality girls.If they want to just survive by recruiting huge pledge classes of embarrassing girls, then that's their perogative. If they want to improve and at least be on par with other groups at Bama, then they need to fight...I hope like hell they fight!It's going to have to be a serious all out effort, a huge battle.I want them to do well and succeed.They can't be in denial and pretend that everything is just great. Everyone knows there is a huge effort being made, even on the national level to try to help these girls.Money, time, and effort is being put into this group in a major way.There' no sense in name calling.This is reality.

By: fighting
#9by:    

Gamma phi is a great house full of great girls !

By: <3
#10by:    

just take less then average girls.

Many of them are not too attractive, so they just don't make the same showing as other houses. They can be sweet but then again so is my Grammie. In short your not gonna party with grams.

By: They

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.