facebook

you all

by: Bama

Its funny when people act like alabama
Is anything but a backup school. Enjoy unployment!

Posted By: Bama
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: And by the way   

I go to Penn State

By: And by the way
#2  by: @nittanylion   

I guess you're gonna be coming to bama soon as a back-up then... learn to spell a word as easy as unemployment

By: @nittanylion
#3  by: Swamp Dawg   

Iwill enjoy unployment

By: Swamp Dawg
#4  by: Penn st. LOL   

Why would you post that?

If your gonna brag then at least inflate your truth.

I don't know what's funnier...
Your lack of spelling
Your image of BAMA
Or your crazy idea that Penn State is something to brag about.

By: Penn st. LOL
by: is certainlAug 12, 2014 9:44:54 AM

bam a is certainly nothing to brag about. Notice I don't capitalize it? Cause it sucks.

By: is certainl
#5  by: ^^   

Yes nimrod. Several hundred a year. Alabama generally attracts the highest number of NMF's each year. Do some research before you bash a school. And I wouldn't brag about Penn State. For obvious reasons......

By: ^^
by: ^^^Aug 12, 2014 12:05:58 PM

Well, they do give full tuition those applicants, so that number may be somewhat skewed. Other schools don't have to go to that length to attract quality applicants.

By: ^^^
by: OkAug 12, 2014 12:10:35 PM

They are here and that's what matters.

By: Ok
by: ^^^Aug 12, 2014 12:50:13 PM

Do they stay? Do the graduate from UA? I think the answer is mostly "no".

By: ^^^
by: You serious?Aug 12, 2014 7:10:54 PM

That answer is clearly mostly yes. I don't know where you get the idea that the transfer rate is particularly high.

By: You serious?
by: UhAug 13, 2014 11:36:42 AM

It's probably easier to achieve national merit scores in Alabama

By: Uh
by: !@#Aug 13, 2014 5:29:17 PM

Bamma all the way!!!

By: !@#
by: To "uh"Aug 16, 2014 10:49:31 PM

It isn't any easier to be a national merit scholar in Alabama, idiot, it's a national competition

By: To "uh"
by: fact checkAug 16, 2014 11:16:48 PM

Actually, at the first level, each state has a different cut off score in order to qualify to be a semifinalist (the first stage of the competition). It is higher in states with higher numbers of graduating seniors so as to make sure the top 3% of students in every state enter the competition. So in the sense that in some states you can enter the competition with a lower score than students from other states with higher qualifying cut-offs, it is "easier" to be a National Merit Scholar in Alabama though in subsequent rounds entrants are scored against their peers on a national level. For example, for the Class of 2014, Alabama's cut off score to become a semifinalist was 211- still a good score and not the lowest of the states, but still a lower threshold than say, Mass (223) or Virginia (222). A student scoring 211 on the PSAT in Alabama would get to enter the competition but would not make that first cut if she went to school in one of the 30 states with higher cut off scores. So if we're talking about good students who could reasonably expect to score at least a 200 on the PSAT, it is indeed easier to enter the NMSC from Alabama than it is in most states.

By: fact check
#6  by: HAHAHAHA   

ITT: but hurt alabummers try to convince themselves that where they go isn't one of the worst schools in the country and try to feel good about being greek.

SPOLIER: ALABAMA IS A BACKUP SCHOOL AND ANYONE AND EVERYONE GETS ACCEPTED!!!!

By: HAHAHAHA
by: lolAug 12, 2014 3:35:00 PM

Why are you on UA Greek Rank page if you are so disgusted by them? As brilliant as you seem to think you are, I'm sure you can come up with more productive things to do. It's a little odd...

By: lol
#7  by: Woopo   

Penn st rocks!!! I wish I went there!

By: Woopo
by: AAug 17, 2014 12:54:03 AM

You must be a little boy then

By: A
#8  by: Penn State   

There are so many grammatical errors... "Its" is not a word, Alabama should be capitalized, and unployment also is not a word.. Please at least proof read when trying to show intellectual superiority.

By: Penn State
by: You serious?Aug 12, 2014 7:11:47 PM

Its is totally a word.

By: You serious?
#9  by: Bunp   

Bump

By: Bunp
#10  by: J   

Facts

By: J

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.