facebook

southern vs non-southern bid breakdown

by:    

Did a little math based on last year’s bid list. There is a lot of talk about how out of state girls get bids all the time, and they do! However, there is still a vast disparity in terms of who gets bids to what are considered more “Southern” or old row sororities. I guarantee you there are girls driving in from all over the country saying “I’m only rushing for XYZ”…. Even though they have very few connections and mediocre GPAs.

I considered the following states to be “Southern”: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas & Virginia.
So there were 554 “non-southern” girls who accepted bids to sororities, here is where they went:

Chi Omega – (8) 1%
DDD – (12) 2%
KD – (13) 2%
AXO – (14) 3%
AGD – (22) 4%
KKG – (24) 4%
Phi Mu – (28) 5%
AOPi – (31) 6%
Zeta – (34) 6%
ADPi – (40) 7%
DZ – (44) 8%
KAT – (48) 9%
DG – (49) 9%
APhi – (56) 10%
PiPhi – (58) 10%
GPHi – (73) 13%

In other words, if you think you only want XO, DDD, KD, Phi Mu, or AXO and you are from a non-southern state, odds are that only 1 out of 5 non-southern PMNs will get bids from these chapters. Just trying to bring everyone back down to reality, and reminding you that you shouldn't get your heart set on those.

Posted By: Reality
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

Southern vs Rest of World. Get a life and stop thinking so small... kudos to the "non Southern" women who bring some diversity

By: real world outside
by: ^^^   

This!

By: ^^^
#12by:    

Lots of out of state girls who don't want to get caught up in who is old row vs new row, their willingness to look at the big picture is their "edge". ... They don't have some opinionated girls/moms/alums telling them there are only certain houses they should pledge.

By: Yep
#13by:    

You ladies who think just because your house is popular with the southern crowd you are all that.

PNM..... Dont focus on that. Join for the girls you meet, join for the possible connections, join for lifetime friends and sisters, join for a national standing with lots of chapters, join to be apart of our UA Greek system we all have fun. After all nationwide sisters give you more places to vacation.

Join for the memories, they will last a lifetime.

By: God bless
by: I agree   

With God Bless

She is just reminding the PNM that they don't need to get caught up in the crazy old row new row. South vs non southern %.

At the end of the day no one should care about that stuff.

By: I agree
by: YEAH YOU   

God Bless sounds bitter to me.
"You think you are all that" B i t c h y

By: YEAH YOU
#14by:    

^^ are you threatened by this? Calm the f down

By: Ooooohhhhh
#15by:    

Is this stuff true?

By: How

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#16by:    

Where did u find this

By: Where

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.