facebook

recruitment advice

by:    

For all the pnms out there, i want to say DO NOT be swayed to or away from a particular house based on what you see on this site. Go through recruitment and be yourself because that's the only way you will be happy in the house you end up in rather than trying to hold up a personality and that isn't how you normally act and fake interests you don't care about. Trust me, you will be 10x happier in the long run and what house you are in won't matter after you graduate, only your friends will. Go in with an open mind--you may end up hating a house you thought you were interested in or loving a house you thought you would hate. Listen to your instincts during recruitment to have the best experience in greek life. I'm in a middle-bottom sorority and I wouldn't change a thing, even though I preffed some houses that were "better"

For what to wear- look through your closet before you go shopping and see if you own anything that meets the dress code. You'll save money and might not end up buying something multiple other girls will pick out. Also, look nice but don't get too caught up in designer brands. Things from macys, Dillard's, nordstrom, j crew, limited, express, small boutiques, etc. will be fine. But seriously, check your and your friends closets before you go shopping. No need to spend $1000+ on new outfits for recruitment. College and chapter dues are already expensive as is

Also, DO NOT go out during rush or bad mouth any sororities! You never know who has connections.

Posted By: Active
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

We had some alums visiting and they over heard some outspoken moms at lunch "little susie Q was invited back to ABC, blah blah and she really only wanted to join XYZ". They also had some not so nice comments about ABC, HIJ, ect.

Let's just say the only house that invited her to pref was XYZ, and they dumped her.

I love to share this true story of two years ago.
Karma! Some things happen for a reason.

By: So true
by: Active   

So true. Some PNM already think they have their bid in hand. One of the girl's mother was telling people her daughter already knows what house she's going to be in because they have basically already told her and they have been so sweet leaving her messages on Facebook. PNM's watch what you say and who you talk to (this goes for your moms as well). This will def piss actives off. Acting like you already have a bid is a great way to get cut.

By: Active
#2by:    

This is so true,especially the top part. Tiers exist, I guess, but many people who are in greek life ignore them because people tend to judge based on personality rather than money and hotness. So on pref night and every other day too, rank them by where YOU feel most comfortable and you will end up in a house that's good for you.

By: Danielle
#3by:    

Base it on where you feel comfortable. In a few short months your "tier' wont matter, but where you feel comfortable will matter for the next four years.

By: Good Advice
#4by:    

bump

By: k

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.