facebook

what

by:    

Are some extra costs of being in a sorority?

Posted By: PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

T-shirts are all $20/shirt, which I guarantee you will want to buy. I probably bought close $300-$400 worth of t-shirts freshman year because there is a t-shirt for freaking everything. You will also need dresses/costumes for date parties and swaps. Girls, myself included, love to go out and buy lots of things with their sorority letters on it right after bid day--hats, bags, car decals, etc. You mostly grow out of that stuff by sophomore year. But there are a lot of extra expenses.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Attending formals and swaps cost extra?

By: Does
by: No   

All social events are included in dues, but you will not have something to wear for every date party or swap so you will have to go out and buy things to wear for that.

By: No
#3by:    

Plan B!

By: Don't forget
#4by:    

You do not HAVE to buy every T shirt offered! Two or three per year is fine, plus you will be given several at Bid Day.
There may be some clothing for recruitment that you're required to buy. After you've been there for a while, you'll find someone who's a similar size that you can swap clothes with or borrow from (and they from you).
The first year is the most expensive, with extra pledging and initiation fees, but subsequent years are not bad at all.

By: Real

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.