facebook

letters

by:    

Which houses will cut you straight out for not having a letter of rec?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Pretty much all of old row-- definitely tri Delt, kd

By: Pretty
#2by:    

All depends on the house and their rules. Usually you'll get extra points, letters, etc. for having recs and that could just give them a reason to cut you

By: That

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

How in the world will they narrow down 2000 girls to just 100+ per house

By: Most of them
by: Umm   

Subtract 16x100 by 2000, that's 400 cut girls.

By: Umm
by: Well..   

That is a little scary sounding. Really, they aren't all cuts. Some girls drop out at the last minute, some decide they don't want to continue or can't afford it after they start, some decide they don't like their options after invites go out each round. Some are direct cuts, but other things happen as well.

By: Well..
by: PCs   

the pledge classes are bigger than 100. Last year quota was around 115 I believe. Only 100 or so girls were actually cut. all the others dropped themselves. Also it goes to say that all of the girls that got actually cut had below a 3.0 and probably did not have rec letters to houses or maximize their invites.

By: PCs
#4by:    

gamma phi and adpi both took near 150 girls last year. the pledge classes are huge so don't scare pnms going into rush saying that 400 girls are going to be cut. those types of things are unsettling.

By: gamma phi and adpi
by: Active   

But ADPi actually took a lot of those girls during COB in the fall and spring. They did not take 150 girls at bid day. They took closer to quota, just like every one else except for GPhi.

By: Active
by: Ya   

They. Were allowed to continue to give bids because their house has low membership. That is not normal for most houses.

By: Ya
by: above   

What you're doing here is telling girls that Gamma Phi and ADPi are not good houses and people drop out rather than get them. While there are girls that drop out after they're cut from their favorite houses, they're mostly very shallow girls who lack the self-esteem necessary to stand on their own without leaning on letters. There are 150 new members of the two houses mentioned that are top-notch girls ready to meet the PNMs for this year. It would be too bad if some of those PNMs got the wrong impression.

By: above
#5by:    

more by each individual sorority and not necessarily how selective they can be during rush. For example, DG is brand new and therefor doesn't cut nearly as many girls as an Old Row house, but their by laws won't allow them to pledge anyone without a rec. That's why it's so beneficial to have one for every house regardless!

By: Determined
#6by:    

Get recs

By: Houses
#7by:    

No. Quota (the amount of PNMs the sororities can pledge) is determined after prefs. So, if 2000 girls attend pref., then they are all eligible to receive a bid, and Panhellenic would divide the # of PNMs who attended at least one pref. party by the number of sororities that participated in formal recruitment.

By: To Ummm
#8by:    

Sounds tough

By: OMG
by: Goody2   

Duh. It is.

By: Goody2
#9by:    

I am keeping an open mind but this is the house I and all my friends really want. Will you get cut without a rec?

By: AGD
by: above   

Don't be ridiculous. It's almost impossible that you and all of your friends would really want the same house. You're not in high school anymore and you need to learn to think for yourself.

By: above
#10by:    

If I didn't get a letter for AGD,DZ, or Chi Omega will I get cut automatically from them?

By: ?
by: no   

not necessarily. i couldn't find recs for two houses when i rushed and they both invited me back to round 2. one of them cut me later, but i have no idea if that had anything to do with not having a rec. don't stress. and even if they do automatically cut you for that, those are only 3 sororities.

By: no
by: active   

Chi O most definitely will, I'm 90% sure AGD would too but I'm less positive about that one. DZ won't.

By: active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.