facebook

choosing your sorority

by:    

YOU DON'T.
You, dear rushee, have very, very little to do with it. We choose you.
Or don't.

Posted By: Fearsrumors
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This same person has been posting on all these threads just trying to scare people. Don't listen to them. Recruitment is a mutual selection process. Sororities do have the power to cut PNMs, but you also get to pick the houses that you go back to and how you rank houses at Pref.

By: Active
#2by:    

You do have a say in it. This isn't so so elite like it is made out to sound. If you didn't have a say in it, why would you give up all your freedom just to go through rush? Ridiculous advice and comment.

By: Bad advice
#3by:    

You are able to rank the houses that ask you back each round, that is the extent of a PNM's "power to pick." The houses rank you and invite you back - no invite, no power for the PNM.

KEEP AN OPEN MIND AND MAXIMIZE YOUR OPTIONS and you should find a home. Ignore this advice, and be disappointed with the result.

By: No guarantees
by: Honestly   

Making a snotty comment isn't actually advice, is it?

By: Honestly
by: Valid   

This is valid advice. I agree, at first you get a sneak peek of all the houses. Then the houses pick who they would like to see again. From that point the PNM picks the houses they want to see. Trouble is many girls don't think for themselves and pick a house based on what friends tell them. Sometimes they end up with no house, because they never had a connection in the first place.

Reminds me of bathing suit shopping. Just because your friend likes it, and perhaps it looks good in a magazine does not mean it will be right for you.

Don't listen to anyone or thing except your heart.

By: Valid
#4by:    

Bump

By: Great Advice
#5by:    

Some house really do get to pick, because they have 100% return rates, this is a fact, not meant to be mean. Whereas other sororities have less control over who comes back. A house can always cut a girl, up until pref, no matter what Pahellenic advises them to do.

By: Truth is
#6by:    

People are objecting to her wording, not the sentiment behind it. Is this that hard to understand? No one has disputed the truth of it, just her catty way of expressing it.

By: I think...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#7by:    

Alabama sorority women at their finest!

By: Please note
#8by:    

I work on my house's recruitment team and, yes, WE pick you. Unless you've seen all the inner workings of your house's lists, you have no idea what's going on.

By: Ok
by: Geez!   

Can you not read???? No one is disagreeing. Not one single person on this entire thread. Some people, myself including, just think the OP was unnecessarily being a biotch. WOW!

By: Geez!
by: @OK   

taking any opportunity to show off your superiority complex, huh? why does having such a small amount of power in the grand scheme of things cause girls to act so pompous and snobby? as the poster above me said, no one was disputing the original claim! this is honestly why our greek system gets such a bad rep

By: @OK
#9by:    

Bump

By: Bump
#10by:    

the frustration with PNM's who refuse to listen to good advice that results in these razor sharp but true comments. Some of the girls who will be going through recruitment have such a warped and incorrect concept of the process that it makes actives want to tear their hair out. Being raised to think you are a special snowflake without any real world perspective doesn't help.

By: I think it is
by: agreed   

true, but any PNM unwilling to take good advice from actives should be left to suffer the consequences of her stubbornness at recruitment. it shouldn't be our job to put her in her place, and I feel as though a lot of the ladies on this site think it is. all it does is make us look unnecessarily catty. We can still dish out sound advice to the polite PNMs who are just curious and more than willing to listen.

By: agreed
by: So true   

I'm a junior and I have actually had girls say to me ask me " do you know who I can get get recs from for X Y & Z house, cause those are the house I really want to be in". Yes, I do know people, but I'm not going to tell you, because your inability to be humble would be a poor reflection on me and my letters, and they don't want entitled girls either. Inability to have any sort of self awareness is amazing! I saw a girl subtweet another saying "I'm really only rushing for Phi Mu an zeta" ... Really? When someone says "have a open mind" this is a polite way of saying "don't be an uppity girl, it makes you look bad"

By: So true

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.