facebook

can a 22 y.o. go through sorority rush

by:    

Can a 22 y.o. "Freshman" go through rush? I really want to , but don't know how it works.

Posted By: 22 and somethin todo
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You can but I honestly don't think it would be a good idea. I rushed as a sophomore and I still felt like I had a hard time connecting to the other girls in my pledge class who are mostly 18 years old. You just won't have a lot in common with the girls in your pledge class because you're in different places in your life which can make it hard to make friends and bond with your sisters. Honestly, you'd be older than some of the seniors. I would not do it if I were you.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: I    

I agree. You just aren't going to have the same interests as the girls in your pledge class and although you'll have some friends that are in the pc's above you, you're mainly with your pc. You're going to get a Big in your sorority and she'd be almost 3 years younger than you. If you stayed active for all 4 years, you'd be 26 and some of your pledge sisters won't even be 22 yet. That's just awkward to me. Alabama is a fun campus and although I love my sorority, Greek Life isn't the only thing to get involved in. I would look into something else.

By: I
by: run4fun   

I rushed as an older-than-the-average PNM. I have had no issues connecting with other members and I still consider rushing one of the best decisions of my academic career. I think it really depends on the house you choose. The older, more traditional houses would be a bad fit- but some of the new row houses may be more welcoming. I think as long as you don't act condescending towards those younger than you or place yourself on a "holier than thou" pedestal, you should be okay. Yes, there are times where it can be very trying when dealing with your sisters' immaturity issues, but I'm not going to lie and say that meeting people on campus without being in Greek Life is going to be easy, either. I went into it knowing my age would create some friction, so I think you should prepare for that also, should you decide to rush.

By: run4fun
#2by:    

Or delta gamma, alpha gam would take you. They usually have lower standards and take a variety of nice girls.

By: Gamma Pi Beta
by: Clearly you   

are just a mean spirited jealous brat. Neither Alpha Gam or DG have low standards - quite the opposite, in fact. This is a perfect example of why PNM's should not believe ANYTHING they read on this site that cannot be substantiated by facts published by UA or PH.

By: Clearly you
#3by:    

Hey "wow" -- so you've seen their composites and they have pretty girls... what does that have to do with the question. All the chapters have pretty girls.

In general... 22 is going to have a hard time relating younger more immature college women. But if 22 is on the immature side and has common interests with some DGs or whomever... she can explore it along with other social groups at Bama.

By: huh?
#4by:    

but will every sorority drop me?

By: op
by: Active   

Maybe, maybe not. I can only speak for my sorority, but being honest I feel like we probably would because unless you are really immature for your age, I do not feel like you would have a lot in common with the actives or the girls in your pledge class.

By: Active
#5by:    

Your class status is based on your year you graduated from high school, not credit hour status for college. So you would not be considered a freshman, unless panhellenic has changed it on the past couple of years. You may want to check into that.

By: I think...
by: Yea    

You would be considered an upperclassman due to your graduation date from high school...

By: Yea
#6by:    

At UAB, age is not an issue. At UA, you're going to be a freak. Think long and hard about this. If you're willing to chance it, then go for it.
Good luck.

By: Listen

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.