facebook

sorority houses

by:    

So I'm a PNM and I heard that at some of the sorority houses at Bama girls don't even have their own rooms! They all have to sleep in the same room. Very disappointed to hear this...it must take away from some of the fun at the house.

Posted By: WTF
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

No it actually just makes it more fun because it is like a big slumber party every night. I love living in my sorority house and being close to my sisters. It has made us closer.

Besides, you must not know much about sorority houses if you think this isn't common place at EVERY other school--do you know how expensive sorority houses are?? The new ones are $10-12 million and it would be ridiculous to build a house that could only sleep 30 girls just so every girl could have her own room. At least most houses at Bama don't having sleeping porches and its only two girls per room instead of 20.

By: No
#2by:    

I didn't know this..this is really weird

By: PNM '14
#3by:    

Really disappointing to hear this...I hope we would get our own rooms. My sister who went to ASU got her own room. This is weird

By: Jackie

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: First   

First of all, you don't even have a bid yet so stfu. Secondly, just because you are a member of a sorority doesn't mean you will ever live in the house. Over half the members of a sorority will never live in the house. And there are single rooms in most houses but they are usually meant for the president and other upper level exec members and seniors.

By: First
by: And   

And now I know that your name is Jackie and you're a legacy to a chapter at ASU. Shouldn't be too hard to find out who you are based on the info you send in for recruitment.

By: And
by: above   

Yeah, because we don't like it if anyone is disappointed about anything having to do with sororities, so we like to use foul language and threaten them if they do. We're really mature and classy!

By: above
by: ^   

You're the one who's coming on a website about greek life when you so obviously disagree with it...maybe you should reevaluate yourself

By: ^
#4by:    

Do you girls realize how ridiculous and spoiled you sound? The houses at Bama are off the charts and you're complaining that you need to share a room with one of your other SISTERS? Get over yourselves, you aren't the Hail Mary. You should be happy to be part of such an amazing Greek organization. You don't even have a bid and you're already acting like you deserve better.

By: Other pnm
by: Drop her   

If that's how she whines now who wants the Drama?

By: Drop her
by: Aggreed   

If you don't like what we offer then join a club and get an apartment.

No one likes to be around spoiled complainers.

We are here for school and Greek life is an added bonus. Your living arrangements don't really matter. Get over yourself and stop being such a brat.

By: Aggreed
#5by:    

You are thinking of Dorm or suite living.

Being in a traditional sorority house is wayyyyyy better.

ASU is a much different type of Greek System and actually not the way most schools are.

Didn't you tour any schools before you committed.

By: Crazy
#6by:    

For how much it costs, I think we should have our own roowm

By: Expensive
by: Ah   

Unless you'e an officer, the chances are good you'll not have to live in the house.
But why join a sorority unless you can live in the house a year or two? That's what's the most fun!

By: Ah
#7by:    

Auburn troll....still a big discussion on their site about the fact they don't have houses. Alabama's houses are like sorority houses everywhere where the rooms are shared.

By: Catling troll...
by: FSU   

Go 'noles

By: FSU
by: ^ew   

go away

By: ^ew
#8by:    

I think everyone missed her point. She said "everyone has to sleep in the same room" so obviously she is talking about sleeping porches, or some other arrangements. Maybe she visited the campus but didn't tour every sorority house with an overeager mother. Or...maybe it is a troll. But I think the point wasn't about being spoiled and having to share a room with one or two girls.

By: Wrong-I think
#9by:    

My mother was in a sorority up north when she was in college and she slept in a "cold air dorm" which was a big room with like 20 bunks where most girls slept. do any houses have something like this or is it mostly a couple of girls sharing individual rooms?

By: Just wondering
by: ^   

A cold dorm up North is the same thing as a sleeping porch down South.

By: ^
#10by:    

is how you fix the problem. If you don't like the sleeping arrangements, don't live in the house. And if you're whining about room and board given the money situation, then don't rush ya little B I T C H E S.

By: This
by: Em   

Sweetie, take a chill pill! This thread has obviously been bothering you for a while. PNMs (and others) come on here all of the time and ask questions and make comments. If you don't like it, just ignore it. We get the sorority house questions every year. No big deal! Remember--keep it positive!

By: Em

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.