facebook

recruitment

by:    

Hello, I live out of state and I am going to rush in the fall. I do not know any alums of the sororities but i know some girls in them. How important is it to get the recommendation letters? Will I be fine going in with none?

Posted By: PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED RECS!!! Just because you know a few girls does not mean that you are a shoe in for any sorority. Recs are what you are graded on by each house and if you don't have one that is an automatic zero for you. The first round of cuts during recruitment is for not having good grades and not having a rec. If you want to have the best rush you possibly can, you have to have recs. If you don't get them, you will more than likely get cut by over half of the houses on the first day.

By: Active
by: pnm   

ok how do you get recs if you do not know any one?

By: pnm
#2by:    

Get your mom to help. She can ask her friends who was in a sorority and ask them to write you a rec. She can post on her Facebook page. Ask your friends' mothers.
Unless you're in a very rural area, or New England or Canada, if you don't have recs we just figure you're lazy.

By: And
by: And   

BTW, the recs can come from any chapter of the sorority, not just the Alabama chapter.

By: And
#3by:    

You will not be fine without them. Try harder... It is not that hard to find them if u know people, or if your parents know people. Ask your friends who wrote their recs... If someone writes you one Ask that woman if she knows alums from other sororities. Networking isn't that hard with Google and all the social media channels. When our mothers rushed, they had to work a lot harder without all this stuff at their disposal.

By: Duh
#4by:    

Contact your admissions recruiter, they can put you in touch with local alumni and others who frequently write recs.

By: Anon
#5by:    

Aveing a random person write a rec for someone they don't know.
Sounds like a game more than a true rec

By: really
#6by:    

Look on the map for the nearest alumnae panhellenic, they will help hometown girls and won't be surprised if u contact them, they get contacted all the

www.npcwomen.org/map/default.aspx

By: Look here

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#7by:    

Go to www.thesororitylife.com and www.sororitygirl101.com. Also Greekchat, but don't start posting questions until you read the threads.
Also there's a Facebook page - UA Class of 2018 Rush.

By: Facebook
#8by:    

Make sure you write your rec writer a thank you note (email doesn't count!) remember there is always a box she can check that says she DOESN'T recommend you. She is doing you a favor esp. If she just met you.

By: Protip

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.