facebook

rush

by:    

I will be a junior in the fall, my GPA will be good after my summer classes but I don't want to go through the formal recruitment process. How do I get into a sorority?

Posted By: Junior
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you don't want to go through formal recruitment, you really don't have many options. If you just want to be in a sorority, try looking into SDT. They do not participate in formal recruitment. You can put in a cob interest form after formal recruitment but I highly doubt people will be looking to do cob after all that happened this past year. Your best option is to just suck it up and do formal recruitment. I went through as a junior and I was just fine.

By: Active
#2by:    

I went through as a junior and I love my house.

By: me too
#3by:    

How was your experiences going through it?

By: Junior
#4by:    

You could sign up for COB after rush is over, but I really doubt there will be very many spots open by then. This past spring was your best shot.
For you, sunshine, I'm afraid the sorority ship has sailed.

By: Hey
#5by:    

I actually had a pretty great rush as a junior. I got my top choice and had a full schedule almost every day, but I also knew a lot of people and had a lot of friends in different sororities.

#6by:    

I actually had a really great rush as a junior. I had a full schedule almost every day and I got my top choice house, but I did know a lot of people and I had a lot of friends in sororities.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#7by:    

you don't have recs lined up by now and you don't know girls in the houses, don't bother. COB is probably going to be like winning the lottery.

Again, if you just want to be Greek, look into SDT. They're sweet girls with a strong sisterhood, but you'd need to be OK with a very limited social calendar - they only really do stuff with the unhoused fraternities/colonies and the Christian/professional/multicultural Greeks. That said, they are an NPC sorority, so you'd have an alumnae network after you graduate.

Good luck.

By: If
by: Also   

If you're a person of faith, you could look into Alpha Delta Chi. However, they're definitely _not_ a group to consider if you just want to be in a sorority. They only take girls who are committed Christians, and PNMs have to meet very high standards just to be considered.

By: Also

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.