facebook

west coast girl

by:    

I am from the Seattle area and am thrilled to attend Bama in the fall (I have family in the area). I was excited to go through rush, but heard most houses won't take any "non-southerners"

Is this true? I was homecoming princess, played soccer and am involved in Asb and leadership

Posted By: Seattle
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

I am a non-southerner too and i heard the same thing.

By: ^^
#2by:    

The best, most qualified girls will be taken as always. Don't believe any of the gossip you're bound to hear

By: No
#3by:    

Most girls will be taken no matter where they are from as long as they are qualified

By: Most
#4by:    

Watch out for the southern charm
You might think they like you, but most of them are so obsessed with each other they never live outside of their small town.

Go for a house with lots of different kind of girls they tend to judge less. After all you want friends for life.

By: Be wise
#5by:    

You're kidding.
60% from out of state. Almost no group can avoid taking non-Southerners!
But listen....even among the OOS, most are from Southern states. But there are PLENTY of Cali girls who pledged last year...plenty from Illinois...from New York...even New Jersey!
Be nice...don't make fun of the South (you wouldn't want somebody making fun of your home, would you?), have good grades...you'll do fine!

By: Ossip
#6by:    

Like I said, I love the south, which is why i choose Bama! We have family in alabama and South Carolina (kiawah island)! Can't wait for the fall!

By: Thanks!
#7by:    

It's SO EASSSSSSSSSSSSSSY to make fun of the south!

By: But

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Guest   

Especially at UA....

By: Guest
#8by:    

More than 50 percent of my sorority is Yankees. Everyone here knows that we are a very inclusive school.

By: truth
#9by:    

The old row houses will be more difficult to break into and if you do, you're likely to be more lonely because you will not fit in, no matter how much you try.

I'd go for a new row house with a lot of out of state girls. That way you won't be in a nest of girls who's relationships go back 150 years.

By: truth
by: Yep   

All sororities at Bama are awesome and have a tremendous amount to offer, but on the other hand Old Row can be like 13th grade due to so many girls having known each other for so long. Not necessarily better ... just different.

By: Yep
#10by:    

I am a non southern OOS active. I preffed 2 old row and 1 new row. For me I decided new row would be better because during the pref stories, I saw all the connections between all the girls who knew each other or their families. I realized that new row was a better fit. I wish I had given more new row houses a chance rather than get caught up in being invited back to all the old row houses. Best decision for me. But all houses have non southerners.

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.