facebook

schedule

by:    

Hey! Bama Bounds start pretty soon, and I was wondering what times we should definitely avoid for classes if we plan on joining a sorority.

Posted By: Pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No late classes in general. On wednesday nights, you'll have chapter and then Tuesday and Thursday nights are typically the nights where you will have swaps/date parties and you don't want to be in a rush or not be able to pregame with your new sisters because you're in class. I would say just avoid any classes that end after 5:30

By: No

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Same ?i   

S that also true for Frats

By: Same ?i
by: ^   

Please just don't call them frats...not trying to be rude but it just makes you look stupid and the fraternity guys will hate that. But I'm not really sure about what time fraternities have chapter--most will be on Wednesday. Date parties and swaps are the same,

By: ^
#2by:    

Time is chapter usually on Wednesdays?

By: What
by: No   

This depends on the house. Some are on Sundays, but Wednesday's are pretty popular times considering members are known to be in town in the middle of the week

By: No
#3by:    

as a past orientation leader, if you tell someone who is helping you register that you dont want to take a certain class or a certain classtime, you will not have a pleasant experience. The advisors will be harder on you because you are here for school first! I am in a sorority and I am doing just fine as double major in chemistry and biology. Remember, you are here for school first!

By: avanti
by: But   

But as a senior, I can definitely tell you that taking classes at certain times can help you immensely. I've learned that I am not a morning person no matter what time I go to sleep so I typically stay way from any classes that start before 10 am--you may be a morning person and excell in all 8 ams. However, take classes at times that are best for YOU not because you're worried about annoying your advisor. Your advisors is there to help you, not to act like your an inconvenience to them.

By: But
#4by:    

I never use my adviser seriously. That's what degreeworks and degree auditing is for. Most of our advisers (depending on your college) aren't even trained to advise; they're just teachers who got stuck in their job bc of funding.

BUT DO LOOK AT RATEMYPROFESSOR. That website is so incredibly valuable for incoming freshmen who aren't sure what teachers to take

By: Yeah

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.