facebook

serious

by:    

so if i'm mixed black/white from georgia should i just not even bother with signing up for recruitment? serious question. i don't want to waste $20 when no decent house would even think about me.

Posted By: rush
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Just so u know rush is $150

By: Umm
#2by:    

I want to rush a fraternity.

By: rush
#3by:    

KA will be accepting blacks this year.

By: got it
#4by:    

KA accepting a black person is about as likely as Obama having a 3rd term. I don't know who would take a black/mixed or whatever. Delta Sig? But you said decent house so.

By: lol
#5by:    

Dude people have been over this a million times. There are only a couple fraternities that'll look at you and if you want to know who they are, look at the 5,000 other posts on this topic. What you deem a "decent house" is your thing, man. I'd consider the houses willing to integrate progressive and more than decent but that's just me, and you need to see for yourself. Yes sign up, but no don't expect a bid from anywhere except those couple fraternities, assuming they like you.

By: Dude

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

sorry i didn't really mean to say "decent" house. i meant more like a fraternity that actually has a house.

By: rush
#7by:    

Delta Sig and that's it. On top of that, no one really likes them any way

By: Only
#8by:    

Just makes me want to transfer schools but I'm torn. I love Alabama but I feel like there's a big part of the college experience I'm missing and everyone in my family has been apart of greek life except me because I'm mixed black and white.

By: this
by: Try it   

Just because you're black or mixed or whatever doesn't mean you can't rush. (That would be discrimination.) The fraternities and sororities, however, are private ognizations and may offer bids to whomever they wish. Requirements change every year so the reasons of getting/not getting a bid are virtually impossible to determine. But potentially having a higher chance of pledging a lower tier chapter is no reason to not rush. You'll still meet great guys and be a part of the full college experience. Go for it and good luck!

By: Try it
by: yes   

Transfer out of Alabama, and out of the deep south in general.

By: yes
by: @Try it   

What a ridiculous response. Obviously the OP wants to be in a sorority/fraternity. of course he or she can rush, but they'd like a bid idiot

By: @Try it
#9by:    

There will be a black in every house this fall. UA can't afford another round of bad publicity.

By: JD
#10by:    

This year will be your best chance ever. Go for it.

By: MJ

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.