facebook

fraternity rush

by: PNM

If you spend most of your time at a certain fraternity and are invited back for multiple weekends and parties but have not received a bid is it disrespectful to contact other pledge chairs although you want to join that fraternity? I am fairly confident in receiving a bid but am still interested in keeping my options open in case i do not. The majority of the people in my town go to 3 fraternities and i've already ruled out 2 of the 3 so i'm trying to look into other fraternities and see if any other fit.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Butch   

Contact them. One thing, keep your house#1 first choice to yourself. A guy last summer was rushing hard at a certain house. It's a big school but a small world. By the time he came to us in mid-July to express interest in rushing, we knew he'd been "kicked" at the other house. My house doesn't extend bids to guys that consider us plan B. He ended up not pledging anywhere.

By: Butch
by: PNMApr 28, 2014 9:19:32 PM

Wow thanks a lot, its nice to get an honest helpful response. Also I understand that most Old Row houses have already decided on pledge classes for kids in state but is it late to be contacting some of the other houses?

By: PNM
by: ButchApr 28, 2014 9:53:02 PM

I'm Old Row and we've got room. The other fraternities from both rows will, too. We'll be pledging about 45 new boys and we've pledged or wrapped up 27 or 28. If it goes like last year we'll score maybe 10 or so in June and the last 7 or 8 in July at the rush events this summer. Just to let you know it is not "too late" but come mid July it will be nut cuttin' time with more rushees than available spots left. Where ever you end up, you're gonna love it.

By: Butch

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.