facebook

new row vs. old row

by: A PNM

I have been reading up on the different sororities on campus trying to figure out which ones I would feel comfortable rushing in. Of course, I have compared the dues, philanthropies, etc. There are a few that look great on paper, but I'm curious to know if any current UA students think any of the houses truly stand out as being very involved in their philanthropies, good attitudes, academics, etc. And another question, which houses are defined as 'new row' and 'old row' ? Does it make a difference if you're in one or the other? I'm really trying to become informed about all of this before I sign up for rushing, as I originally had a bad opinion of Greek life. Thank you so much for any help!

Posted By: A PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: a   

Old row: axo, xo, agd, tri delt, kd, kappa
New row: phi mu, zta, pi phi, alpha phi, adpi, theta, gamma phi, aopi, dz, dg

It honestly doesn't make a difference as far as if you are in one or another; people from in state try to say "old row or no row" but it's simply not true.

Academics: axo and xo take academics very seriously! Alpha gam as well.
Good attitudes: Aopi, adpi, pi phi, gamma phi, dg I would say are just so sweet and have positive attitudes all the time.
Philanthropy: zta, adpi, phi mu, and xo seem to be the most dedicated to their philanthropies, but all girls for the most part care alot about their own.

I hope you don't have a bad opinion on Greek life. It offers so many opportunities to get involved on campus, as well as promoting love, bettering yourself, charity, etc. You will also meet your lifelong best friends here!

By: a
by: A PNMApr 7, 2014 7:04:23 PM

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

By: A PNM

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.