facebook

transferring after a bad rush

by: Curious

Do girls still withdraw from Bama if they get released or don't get the house they want? I know this used to be common at all the competitive Greek schools, and it was the reason Ole Miss moved its recruitment back to September, but to me it seems ridiculous and overly dramatic.

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: As    

ridiculous as it is, yes there are still girls that transfer because they did not get the house they wanted

By: As
by: hahahMar 29, 2014 7:03:20 PM

That's actually really pathetic

By: hahah
#2  by: Well...   

My sister says it happens at Texas. I think it is pathetic. Apparently there are always a few girls who drop if they don't get PKT...forgetting that there are about 6 or more top sororities. That is crazy.

By: Well...
#3  by: Pnm   

I know that I'm going to transfer 2nd semester if I don't get ANY bid at all. Being in a sorority is something I really want as part of my college experience which is why I will transfer if I don't get a bid. However I do think transferring because someone didn't get the house they wanted is very childish. From what I've seen every house has something to offer and I would be honored to be in any one of them. Roll tide!

By: Pnm
by: But Mar 31, 2014 12:20:49 AM

your reasoning is kind of childish too. I know several girls who did spring rush and I know girls who rushed as sophomores and got in to houses that they adore. You should honestly take every chance you have when it comes to rush and getting the house that's best for you

By: But
by: AgreedMar 31, 2014 3:17:25 AM

The fact that you would leave a great and fun school like Alabama just because you didn't get into a sorority is just sad and kind of pathetic. While Greek life is great and I'm glad I can count it as one of the best experiences of my college career, it is not the only reason I chose to attend Alabama. There are a lot of great things UA has to offer--not just sororities. And like the poster above said, many girls rush as sophomores or even juniors (myself included) and do spring rush. Just because it doesn't work out first time a round doesn't mean you should transfer schools.

By: Agreed

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.