facebook

recommendation

by: yes

I was wondering if recommendations are really important. I am from OOS (texas) and was wondering how important it is to have a recommendation letter. Does it depend on the fraternity?

Posted By: yes
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: You don't   

really need recommendation letters for fraternities, although they won't hurt you. Just go to some of the houses you're interested in and get to know some of the brothers and you should be fine.

By: You don't
#2  by: It sort of   

depends on who the house is. Some fraternities have 20 legacies, 30 rec letters and only 45 new boy spots available. And that is before they even get walk-ins that are interested in the house and that the brotherhood is impressed with, also. Other sad establishments are looking hard for rushees. In that case a rec letter would mean much more. Knowing the the name of the house and I could tell you if they have rushee overload every year or a rushee shortage.

By: It sort of
by: questionMar 12, 2014 5:12:20 PM

I'm not the original poster but I have a recommendation letter from a DKE that went to UA and a letter from a Pike that went to WVU. How much weight do each of these carry with their respective houses or are they more just an opportunity to get my foot in the door? I'm OOS btw

By: question
by: himMar 18, 2014 7:39:17 PM

Deke

By: him

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.