facebook

recruitment advice

by:    

im transferring here next year as a sophomore and i was wondering what recruitment here is like? do a lot of girls get dropped? and what are grade cut offs and reasons why houses cut girls. apparently its a lot different from the school i go to now

Posted By: transfer
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Rush at alabama is the toughest in the country. Girls need to be well rounded, articulate, and classy. I wouldn't say alot of girls get dropped but alot get dropped by the "good" houses within the first day. Most houses won't take you if you're below a 3.0; houses like XO and AXO it would be closer to a 3.5. Other reasons for cutting girls would be awkward girls, looks (honestly), bad rep, not alot of involvement outside of school...etc.

By: truth
by: haha   

Actually IU has the hardest recruitment in the country because they don't have to drop anyone until pref.

By: haha
by: ha    

^^wrong. alabama is without a doubt the most difficult, competitive rush. nice try yankee.

By: ha
#2by:    

This might be helpful to you. It's the stats for 2010-2012 recruitments. They don't have last year's up yet.

greekaffairs.ua.edu/document/FallRecruitmentStatsfor2002- 2012.pdf

As you can see, 105 out of 1993 women get released. That's not a whole lot considering a lot of girls come in with 2.0s

By: So

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Because there's an upperclassman quota, you have a very good chance of getting a bid. Keep your grades up, and sign up for a couple of volunteer/extracurricular things.

By: Soph

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.