facebook

rush

by: Transfer

I am planning on transferring to bama in the fall. I really want to rush but I will be a junior and I would like to know what are my chances of getting into a sorority will be?

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Most   

if not all of Old Row will drop you based on that fact alone. However, New Row houses are definitely open to juniors! Just be sure to get in your recs, keep up your grades, and finally have fun with rush; good luck!

By: Most
#2  by: Junior   

I rushed as a junior and I ended up very happily and a house that I love! You just have to go in with an open mind and definitely have recs and be open and friendly! Good luck!

By: Junior
by: TransferFeb 26, 2014 4:41:16 PM

Did you already know people in that sorority? Also did you have a rec for that house?

By: Transfer
by: YesFeb 27, 2014 1:22:47 AM

I wasn't a transfer student so all of my good friends were in sororities. I did have some recs but I didn't have them for every single house. I didn't go out of my way to get them for the ones that I knew were going to drop me because I was a junior.

By: Yes
#3  by: Sorry   

If you do not know anyone as a transfer junior you will be dropped. But try anyway you never know what may happen. Get recommendations for every single house.

By: Sorry
by: Not trueMar 1, 2014 3:10:46 PM

I had a full pref card and I was a junior transfer from Rhode Island

By: Not true
by: NoMar 7, 2014 10:03:11 PM

Not true. There are a few transfer juniors in my pledge class that are awesome girls with great resumes and gpas who knew absolutely no one. You just need to go in with an open mind and have good recs and be prepared.

By: No
#4  by: Pnm   

Did you get into your top pick house?

By: Pnm
by: Not TrueMar 7, 2014 2:32:40 PM

That's hard to say considering I didn't know anything about any of the houses. But I did have the top 3 New Row houses on my pref card. Don't worry about it. If you're too nervous, they'll notice and it can hurt you

By: Not True
#5  by: Beth   

Good advice

By: Beth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.