facebook

kd

by:    

Are all the girls in KD really THAT wealthy and THAT traditional? Would it be weird if a northern with normal money wanted to pledge KD?

Posted By: yeah
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Yes they're very wealthy and idk about traditional but I'd say more conservative than most others. A northern girl with normal wealth would probably have a very very hard time pledging KD but maybe if you get a letter of recommendation and really put yourself together well you'd have a slim chance.

By: Rachel
by: ..   

I know two girls from California who pledged KD this past year. They're starting to pledge more and more girls from out of state

By: ..
#2by:    

KD takes very few pledges out of the south or out of the state of Alabama. You would be happier elsewhere most likely.

By: ha!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

don't put yourself out of the game yet, KD has had to take girls from random places due to snap bids. I've met girls that pledged KD this year from NY (whut) Missouri NC..

By: snaappy
by: uh   

they pledge girls from ny and have some snap bids

By: uh
by: ^   

The girls they pledged from NY are all from the wealthy NYC suburbs. It's not like they bid Snooki and JWOWW.

By: ^
by: Xtreme   

Extreme and idiotic sarcasm is the BEST response! In fact, it's the only response that makes sense for this site.

By: Xtreme
#4by:    

Plus, KD is not a widely respected national sorority. You'd definitely be happier in a house that is stronger throughout the country.

By: KD
by: KD   

is 9th overall. They are not weak nationally - there are over 30 social sororities.

by: Not true   

There are WAY more than 30 social sororities, but there are 26 National Panhellenic Conference sororities and they and the NPHC (historically black) social sororities are the biggest in the US.

By: Not true
#5by:    

you people need to stop giving false information. "Dues are $7000 a semester...no they are not. go on the panhellenic website and it says that the highest dues a semester is around $4000.

By: stop
by: That's   

an average retard. My mother was one here and told me what the dues are.

By: That's
by: Then    

how come my mother receives a newsletter about the chapter and what the dues are sweetheart?¿

By: Then
by: Darlin'   

Pan website is not necessarily accurate.

By: Darlin'
by: Oh   

no more "facts"?¿ Oh well, thanks for playing!!!!!!! :)

By: Oh
#6by:    

If you are from up north, then yes KD will seem that way to you. KD is a very traditional house and only has a very few number of girls from up north. You will find DDD to be the same. These are probably the two most traditional houses at UA. Many of the girls in both houses are good friends even at the alum level. But you should go through rush and then decide which house is best for you. UA has a lot of great ones to choose from

#7by:    

KD dues are around 5000 just to clear things up

By: North
by: But   

they're $7000. Why don't you stop quoting the damn panhellenic website

By: But
#8by:    

Being "normal money" in the north is the same as rich in the south.

By: truth
by: No    

it's not. Alabama is one of the poorest states in the US, but there are much wealthier Southern states.

By: No
by: K   

What states? Because statistically the entire southern region, minus Florida, is poorer than the rest of the country.

By: K
by: rolltide   

^^ And you might want to include that it doesn't refer to the south as "poor," but generally refers to how if someone were to have the same job in the south as someone in the NE, the NE person would make more because housing is far more expensive there.

By: rolltide

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.